WHERE IS CHEX PACK P17???

Started by DestroyedEDGE, August 31, 2015, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyedEDGE

Just wondering, when are you going to release Chex Pack P17?

MajorSlime

Why do you need it? As is, the current version works just find and has all the content you might want. This isn't supposed to be a mod with constant updates, but rather sporadic updates when new content is created. That being said, 75 has been busy, and he's been pretty much the only one adding content, so there is no new content.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Awesomedude249

I could help with textures, I can make fairly decent ones.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

MajorSlime

I'm sorry awesomedude, but you really can't. Granted, your textures these days are a LOT better than they used to be, but you still haven't quite figured it out yet. One thing though: once you've realized how to draw realistically (with shading and everything) you need to take a step back and figure out how to purposefully make your sprites unrealistic, in order to fit the same style as other Doom/Chex sprites. Now unrealistic does not mean undetailed. The more detail the merrier, but you have to make it cartoony while not making it all the same color/shade. Take a closer look at most of the flemoid sprites. Even the sections that seem to be 'solid color' are actually textured with multiple different shades in various patterns. Your next step is to figure out how to apply said patterns to your own textures (note that every texture/sprite needs its own pattern, usually found through experimentation).

Awesomedude249

I can't sprite with good shading, but I can make physical drawings with good shading. That being said, I can't really make very good CQ drawings. They look realistic if you zoom in 5 times, but otherwise look like a cartoon. I have to brush up a bit on my spriting anyway.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Quote from: WindowsVistaLover5570 on August 31, 2015, 11:39:04 PM
Just wondering, when are you going to release Chex Pack P17?

I usually only bump the major revision when a full set of maps is done, e.g., I might release P17 when all of E4 is completed, which unfortunately might be quite a while (though I do have a new map for E4 started, a lot of the layout and monster placement is done). While it would be cool to finish off E4, I'm working full time, I've got school and other projects taking up what little free time's left, and I'm an extremely slow single player / coop mapper, so it would be a nice thing to have but it's a long way off....

If you'd like to help, would you mind playing through what's already there in E4? Let me know what you think of it, QG and I really haven't got much of a response.

With that said, a minor release like P16-5 will probably come a lot sooner, as soon as CM2109 sends over his edited LMS01 with his fixes, I'll release that, it will also contain some tweaks to Zorchmatch Arena.

EDIT: @WindowsVistaLover if you have any specific requests for game modes, etc... let me know, remember that Chex Pack already has quite a few Zorchmatch, Duel, CTF, and survival maps

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on September 01, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
I could help with textures, I can make fairly decent ones.

Thanks, feel free to post them here and I'll take a look at them. If I can find a use for them, I'll put them in and credit you.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

DestroyedEDGE

Why did I see a server that used a file called chexstpack-p16.pk3?

Quote from: WindowsVistaLover5570 on September 01, 2015, 10:18:34 PM
Why did I see a server that used a file called chexstpack-p16.pk3?

Do you mean ISP WEBA :: Chex Quest CTF ?

That server's not mine, I've seen them around for years though. They're running an out of date version. I'd ask them to update but unfortunately it seems to be coming from Russia and I don't speak Russian.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

I'm fine with testing the new LMS01 whenever you are. I'd have sent you a request already, but I don't know how to contact you now, since Pidgin ain't working.

Well, there's always IRC...

I might be on Steam later