(VIDEO) Early Preview of Beta 22 (Spoilers)

Started by arch129, January 22, 2012, 03:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Don't watch the video if you want to wait till I release beta 22 too see the new stuff. (That gonna take awhile)

MajorSlime

o_O

EPIC

That's just way too cool.

Hmm... your not afraid to put this on a new engine right? Just some abstract thinking here, but I've been wanting to make my own re-write of the GZDoom engine with some advanced features such as horizontal moving platforms if I could. Would you be interested in using it? Keep in mind that this is not a definite thing, and that if I did make it, I wouldn't be able to start for at least a year or so.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

HOLY CRAP
that's so awesome
it's going to be RPG-y? Like A New Mission?
Also I know you worked a lot on that sprite, but he should be a cereal person shouldn't he? (rotations would be nice...)

arch129

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on January 22, 2012, 05:20:03 AM
o_O

EPIC

That's just way too cool.

Hmm... your not afraid to put this on a new engine right? Just some abstract thinking here, but I've been wanting to make my own re-write of the GZDoom engine with some advanced features such as horizontal moving platforms if I could. Would you be interested in using it? Keep in mind that this is not a definite thing, and that if I did make it, I wouldn't be able to start for at least a year or so.

If there was a stable release and a good amount of relevant features I could use then yes.

Quote from: noob1234 on January 22, 2012, 11:42:40 PM
HOLY CRAP
that's so awesome
it's going to be RPG-y? Like A New Mission?
Also I know you worked a lot on that sprite, but he should be a cereal person shouldn't he? (rotations would be nice...)

Yes there will be plenty of RPG things to do. I decided too drop the cereal themed people because it wouldn't help me tell the story I want to tell.

I see you like my red and brown textures, I made some great grates too, I can give you an alpha release if you're looking for some new textures to work with.

Also, great hands!

EDIT: But where are his fingernails and knuckles?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Dang, Arch, glad to see you've been working hard in the shadows. Can't wait to see the release!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

MidnightTH

You should add a Radical zorcher in to the mix.
I don't know how it'll Act, you'll have to decide!
Replica is a feeling a little but Hurter........

TrueDude

You going to have voice acting for this like Strife had?

arch129

Quote from: TrueDude on February 03, 2012, 07:44:28 PM
You going to have voice acting for this like Strife had?

I wish, but even if I had voice actors I don't even have 10% of the dialog written yet.

arch129

Also I wanted to let everybody know I'm working on a demo or Beta 22... yes a demo for a beta.  Anyways it showcases most of the new stuff with the first level in the game, the tutorial which... [spoiler]takes place on Bazoik[/spoiler]

MajorSlime

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.