Main Menu

Extreme Survival

Started by MajorSlime, November 02, 2011, 01:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'll play it when you're ready, CM, do you want me to play this version?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

If you have the time. It IS playable, just a little buggy, and looking unfinished atm. I'm available anytime after noon pacific time this Friday, if you are.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

I'll be gone until after 6 PM EST on Friday

I'm available to host servers on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday evening, Saturday evening, and Sunday
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

Friday evening works the best for me, but I suppose Thursday evening is possible for me (note I'm going by Pacific time here, so after 6 on Friday would actually be like 2 for me, which is perfect)

MajorSlime

Map Update 2 for SES01

• New Bounty Multipliers for multiple successful zorches in a row, up to 3x. Resets after 3 seconds.
  • New Area: Bunker. Used to turn the power on, as well for upgrading a zorcher or two. Located under Botanical Hall.
  • Botanical Hall has been widened, and the plant life has been cut down considerably.
  • Some detail added in the Spawn Cavern

MajorSlime

Map Update 3 for SES01

• New Area: Canyon. Has several seperate sections that make up the whole.
  • New Graphics: Bounty Cost Amounts and a Barrier image.
  • I am going to have to switch the gamemode from Survival to Cooperative, and write my own wave system. The monster count in Survival does not play well with monsters failing to spawn due to others in their place. This will also allow for a lot more customization though, as well as make endless waves a whole lot easier to create.

I haven't forgot about this, I'll have more time to test this after the 20th of December

MajorSlime

Conversion to cooperative succesful!

Also, monster spawning code finally done and FLAWLESS!

Prepare for screenies when I get a couple new sections done.

@75: You better prepare to have your mind blown after the 20th >:D

MajorSlime

Map Update 4 for SES01

• Entirely New Monster Spawning Code; Switched to using Cooperative Gamemode as a base.
  • New Sky: Epic looking sky!
  • New Spawners: I now have monsters spawning in the new areas, more or less
  • Heavy work on the canyon. Gave a roof to one section and a slime pit to another.
  • Almost ready to test!
  • Screenies! Thats right, I finally have screenies! Check the first post.

I noticed a lot of flat areas, be sure that your enemies don't just walk to their deaths.

Also remember that fighting hordes of flemoids alone is not entertaining, put them in interesting places so that fighting through the map isn't just a repeated procedure of shoot, run for cover, shoot again, until all the flemoids are gone.

Each flemoid has its own use, and you should use that to your advantage to force the player to think while fighting instead of just knocking down lines of enemies.

I can't be sure just from the screenshots that you are just making a repetitive fighting scenario, I wanted to tell you this because iit is something I noticed recently in other wads and it is a gameplay style to avoid.

MajorSlime

Hmm, i'll keep that in mind. A little note though, these are just the beginning areas. The best weapons you have here are a rapid zorcher or a large zorcher. Currently, your only fighting Commonus through Bipedicus, except for maybe the further areas. (Unless you stay in one spot, that is)

The thing that is varied with this map is the areas and unique stuff, you'll get what I mean when you play.

MajorSlime

Hmm...

Okay, so I've got a little problem. The map lags in the beginning area due to a large open area, and tons of geometry (I like to detail things XD). I can't really take any more geometry out (I've already taken a lot), so do you guys have any ideas of how to go about this? Like, how to partition it so that not all the geometry shows at once or something?

noob1234

Erm, I'd have to see the map, but making separate rooms?

MajorSlime

I would, but its just not feasible for this. I'm thinking I might be able to do something along those lines though.

noob1234

Hm... As I said, I'd have to see the map, but if you want to keep a big open area... you might need to divide it into 2 or more smaller spaces, maybe you could strategically place columns or something