Main Menu

Questions

Started by MajorSlime, March 19, 2012, 11:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

Well, 75, I was curious, can you load raw data for a texture? (I.E. have a png texture) I've tried, but they always either do not come up, or come up black.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Try using Slade 3, I've never had any problems with loading pngs.

http://slade.mancubus.net/

If it doesn't work try installing the Visual C++ 2010 runtimes

If you don't want to use Slade 3, try SlumpED. I forgot how to use XWE long ago.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

Ah, probably an XWE problem then. Its fine, the images are fairly close to the Chex palette, I can just remap 'em.

Oh, btw, I made some new patches. Their bases off of the force field switches I found in your latest alpha :P I'll show 'em to you when I have the set a little more complete.

MajorSlime

I tried Slade, and well, its pissing me off. Its image handling parts are bugging out, and when I finally got the images imported and the patches working, they wouldn't show up in the menu to add them to a texture.

Replica

I used Slumped for PNGs.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

MajorSlime

LAZ Trooper

Last time I used PNGs WXE worked just fine.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

*XWE

and did you use those pngs for sprites or for textures? XWE will load em in alright, but it won't allow you to use them with textures.

LAZ Trooper

You can tell it's been a while since I last modded when I forget the spelling of my main editor. XD

They were the textures for the Whaleware Room in the lounge.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

huh. I can't get em to work :/

Replica

http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=1583.0

Did you place it between PP_START and PP_END, and then "save as patch"?

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

MajorSlime

Huh, forgot about that tutorial. Lemme check...

EDIT: Nope, that's when it shows up black. Although, I did that with non-chex-pallete bitmaps, I haven't tried pngs yet. I'll try tomorrow and let ya know.

Replica

I don't know if XWE has a required format. I always uploaded BMP in XWE, and PNG in Slumped. JPG should work just as well, but I dunno about GIF or anything.

MajorSlime

png and bmp work in XWE, I don't know about those others. I prefer png or bitmap anyways, seeing as JPG doesn't have transparency (at least, when I use it >_>)

MajorSlime

Well, tried them pngs in XWE. Works flawlessly.

So, I don't know what it was, but I was apparently doing something wrong before. Got em working though :D