Started by PatPeter, May 29, 2008, 07:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatPeter

Alright, here I am going to list the pros and cons from my perspective

Pros
New Textures
New Flemoids

Cons
Health is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too big, lower the health back to 100 (or higher with supercharge breakfast) and lower damage amounts for flemoids, cause wayyyy too much damage
Flemoidus Imposterous wayyyyyyyy too powerful, he kills me in about 2 hits with 100% health

More coming, I am going back to play.

Replica

You oviously never fought a cybie.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

lol true
and the reason the health is high is because the flemoids cause a lot of damage...makes sense to me.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Dvader0086

That's what I was going for... But thanks for your imput...

PatPeter

PatPeter

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on May 31, 2008, 10:56:59 AM
lol true
and the reason the health is high is because the flemoids cause a lot of damage...makes sense to me.

Yeah but there is no way to find out how much health total from looking at your screen, you would have to keep track of it manually.

As said I think it would be best to lower the health back down to 100 percent, or if in programming range put a decimal point in (100.55% or something). And lower the attack of the flemoids like the one with the slime assault rifles (white blue and red one that travels on the ground, no information here: http://chexquest.wikia.com/wiki/User_Created_Flemoids#Chex_Quest:_Return_of_the_Queen ) to 1% per hit.

Atariangamer

WOW thats low.

And what do you mean you cant see your health on the screen? I see mine right now: 237%
Also, like I said, the health is high because the attacks are high. I never had a problem with that.
Except for the time when he did lower the health but upped the attacks and HPs...that was disaster. ;)
but I don't see a reason to change it, really.

brain candy

I think it's a good balance too. And 1% would definitely be crazy low.  :-\

PatPeter

Quote from: brain candy on June 17, 2008, 12:08:54 PM
I think it's a good balance too. And 1% would definitely be crazy low.  :-\

Yeah but it would be more along the lines of the original Chex Quest. I am all for originality, but it just doesn't seem right for the DooM engine that we are using.

PatPeter

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on June 14, 2008, 11:34:31 PM
WOW thats low.

And what do you mean you cant see your health on the screen? I see mine right now: 237%
Also, like I said, the health is high because the attacks are high. I never had a problem with that.
Except for the time when he did lower the health but upped the attacks and HPs...that was disaster. ;)
but I don't see a reason to change it, really.

haha that would have been funny

ChexCommander

Just a note, if you are going to share two ideas, combine them into one post.  That way, you won't have to double post every time you say two things.  However, Fan Projects, Off Topic Discussions, Stickied Topics, and Forum Games are exempt from that rule.  PM one of the Staff members if you want more details.

To Staff: I am not trying to BSM, I am only telling him what the rules are.  I know we are in Fan Projects, so please don't heckle me.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

PatPeter doesn't come around very often, so the odds of him reading your post anytime soon aren't very good....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

*sigh*...he needs to though...IMO.

But, on topic:

I really like your idea, and I'd like to see it go further.

PatPeter

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on July 14, 2008, 10:59:11 PM
*sigh*...he needs to though...IMO.

But, on topic:

I really like your idea, and I'd like to see it go further.

But... I'm too busy playing Chex Quest! lolz

But yeah, I have a folder on my Bookmarks Toolbar called Projects, which has 37 links and 5 more Project folders for various forums, I have a lot of things to do.