Store Ideas?

Started by Boingo the Clown, February 07, 2013, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

I am not all that happy with and the ground level bedroom windows in the City Streets level (E2M4).  In a downtown Main Street area you don't normally see office or bedroom windows down on the first floor.  What you normally see are shops and businesses.

I do not know if I will be able to do it right away, but I am thinking of putting a few shops and businesses on the first floors of the buildings on the levels.

What I need is some ideas for the businesses.

If you can think of any. That would be really helpful. What I am looking for are either generic shops with some kind of cereal related connection, or shops with amusing pun names such as "Dr. Imin Sane, Psychiatrist" or "Rita Book Public Library".

I don't promise to use anything, but I would really appreciate the input.

Atariangamer

IFoC Recruiting Station (or something IFoC related), a tour place (might be a good place to put in that Bazoik Tours canceled poster, or any other destinations you can think of), and maybe some tease stores like a fruit market you can't get into XD

If you're still on the Brand X idea, maybe a pretty dilapidated X storefront (possibly in the place with the broken road).

Also, if you think my idea with the zorchers is worth it, a Zorcher store (again, kind of a tease thing that you can't get into) would be interesting.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

Maybe a grocery store with health boosts displayed in the window; the window could have a 'Closed for Invasion' sign over part of it.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

TrueDude

A video game shop would be fun, with some previews of cereal flavored parodies of real games like Super Mario Brothers and Metroid, probably ones that would've existed by 1996. I'd think of names but I'm not really that good at puns. Perhaps some kind of high class restaurant whose entire selection is some variation of breakfast food made fancy.

Also I doubt a zorcher store wouldn't really work, considering zorchers are rather new and are military-grade equipment. (Though that doesn't explain why they're lying around willy nilly but whatever)

MajorSlime

Actually, most zorchers have been around for a while and are mining tools, if I remember right. Only the more powerful ones are new. Mining Supply Co. anyone?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Nomekop

Hmm...

"Legitimate Business Corp.", which would sell several musical instruments... and have a hidden switch which reveals a secret room with several barrels and a Zorcher, preferably one that is commonly used in ZorchMatch...

There should also be a building that is under construction, with a low powered Zorcher near some steel beams.

MajorSlime

Cereal Solutions - Problem solving business, probably a legal firm or something

TrueDude

Another game related one - an arcade would be cool. Though I think Chext Quest 3 might've had arcade cabinets in it at one point, but I don't remember where.

Boingo the Clown

CQ3 had arcade cabinets in the new Cinema level.

Awesomedude249

a mall would be cool, but wait, LAZ trooper already made the chex view mall.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Loremaster

Gotta have a fruit and veg stand!

Maybe a bookstore would be nice. With all the "hidden bookshelf door" goodness that goes along with it.

Some kind of breakfast restaurant maybe? Or perhaps a bulk foods company.

A shipping company would fit right in.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

MajorSlime

I have a couple "secret bookshelf button" textures if someone's interested :P

Awesomedude249

Give me those bookshelf switch-thing textures, please.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

How about Loremaster's Fine Books, 75ยข Store, XBolt Hardware, Richie's Antique Emporium, or Checkov Rules School Supply?

Awesomedude249