CQ4 Discussion topic

Started by Awesomedude249, April 06, 2014, 11:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomedude249

okay, i know in some earlier posts i mentioned CQ4, but now i have thought of something cool.

so, in here, there was another topic about CQ4, and in that topic there was something about CQ4 being you playing as a flemoid, and i thought, if i am making a cq4, then why don't i also make a mod where it is like doom empathy, which is a doom mod where you can play as monsters. so basically i was thinking, why don't i make a mod where you can play as flemoids.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

I don't think just anyone should make Chex Quest 4... Either it should be official, or it should be a big community effort. (If we all work together, we might get a beta out in time for Chex Quest's 20th anniversary! xD)
It could even be integrated with the Chex Pack, which is an impressive effort in its own right.
Or on a completely different engine, which would obviously be a lot harder.

Awesomedude249

Yeah. I do want to make cq4,and you know how in the end screen of chex quest 3, fred chexter gets out of a ship and then it shows a mountain of slime? Well i tried making the mountain of slime in the beginning of chex quest 4, and i used slopes, but the slopes did not show up. Can you help me fix this? Im using doom builder 2,and it does not work.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

LAZ Trooper

The end of CQ3 is Chexter coming out of the flemoid slime ship he was just in in level 5.

And I, and everyone else here I'm sure will too, agree with noob1234 that CQ4 shouldn't be made by anyone unless it's official.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Agreed. Please call your project another name Awesomedude. (Note that this isn't a demand, but a polite request) Unless the community gets together and decides that we are going to make a CQ4, and what will be in it, I don't think a single person should take on that mantle unless he has the go-ahead by the rest of the community (and is a modder with a fair amount of experience).
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Awesomedude249

Okay. I will call it:

Chex Rebellion.

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

I want to make a gritty next-gen Chex Quest reboot with a cover system and regenerating health with lots of cursing

Boingo the Clown

Ahem ... No.

Two years ago I suggested using the Unity engine to make an all new CQ4 adventure with a whole new set of enemies (a consortium of races collectively known as the Imperial Blahs), multiple playable characters, multiple worlds, and swaping out the FPS perspective for a third person perspective.

Unfortunately, I went back to working on DeiMWolf and T.U.C.Q. and so the project never actually got started.

It is still very much my opinion that this would be the best way to go for a new Chex Quest 4.  It would make an excellent community project and would allow a brand new game to be created, rather than just a mod.

Here is a link to the original thread in case you are interested.

http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=3542.0

I'm not sure if we should rule out another cq game from chukker... remember "Chex quest 3" back in '97? I still see people trying to connect to chex quest 3 servers using stolen chex 3 because both wad files have the same name. Back in 97 people had no idea that 11 years later chukker would release a real cq3... just like right now we have no idea if Chukker will make  cq4 5 years from now  (wow, it's been 6 years! the time files doesn't it?).

People who mod doom or make iwad replacements don't call their game "Doom 3", "Doom 4", or "Doom 5", they call their games "Beautiful Doom", "Doom 2 Extreme", "Simpsons Doom", or even something completely made up like "Icarus: Alien Vanguard". I don't support using "Chex X" as a naming convention unless Chukker made it or gave somebody permission to make it and call it that because it gets really confusing for new users and implies a direct sequel, even though chex has a much slower release cycle it doesn't mean we'll never get an official chex 4.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

That's a fair point actually....
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Johnny Bravo

if u make chex 4 i can help i draw flemois with my penicl and they p good lol n make map  :lolwut <- like that good flemod
john 3:16 : ""For God so loved the world that he gived his one and only Sun, that whoever believers in him shal not perish but have eternal life. "
im making a chex quest wad to and when is done ill post and people will see and liek!

Awesomedude249

Johnny Bravo, I think If I do make a mod like chex rebellion then I will draw the flemoids myself. I mean, I already have sketches of the flemoids so, I'll ask you if I need any help.

Plus, I am not calling it chex 4. i am calling it chex rebellion.

And, i am making the maps. if you can make good flemoids and maps, Send me A sketch of a flemoid, and send me a wad file with your map.