Original CQ Web Site

Started by damien, March 24, 2009, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Quote from: Replica on March 30, 2009, 08:06:31 PM
...How in the world did you get that? Are we looking at the same thing? Here, this works. http://dsr.rewound.net/chexweb/original/updated/frames.htm

On the contrary, how did you get THAT? Every link I tried was an impossibility, unless maybe you were using IE or something?

And yeah, I think I'd rather have an Original version than this so-called "Enhanced" version.  I don't give a zorch if the system requirements for TUCQ are on there.  I want the original site back.

And a flaw: in the FAQ section, it states that the GZDoom version of TUCQ can boost health to 200%.  First of all, there's no such thing as a GZDoom port for TUCQ anyways.  Second, I just want the original CQs.

Blah.  Needs a LOT more work.  Though the concept is nice, once again.  2 out of 10 stars
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I compared it to the original images, and it also appears to be "enhanced" with new text and materials, like Damien said.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

And yeah, the images themselves would make great hi-res pics, but the gray-green blend looks ridiculous.

arch129

Quote from: ChexCommander on March 31, 2009, 06:44:42 PM
but the gray-green blend looks ridiculous.

IMO they are better than gray pictures or colored pictures cut smaller, they aren't terrible just not finished.

Replica

I guess he got the colors from CQFF old site, but Really, he could get them full from TUCQ...
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

Quote from: Replica on March 31, 2009, 10:01:06 PM
I guess he got the colors from CQFF old site, but Really, he could get them full from TUCQ...

Where are they from TUCQ?

Pikazec2012

Hey dude the buttons on the first page do nothing
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 01, 2009, 01:12:34 AM
Quote from: Pikazec2012 on April 01, 2009, 01:07:26 AM
Hey dude the buttons on the first page do nothing

Only works if Loremaster put it down. ^-^

Quote from: arch129 on March 31, 2009, 10:11:57 PM
Quote from: Replica on March 31, 2009, 10:01:06 PM

Where are they from TUCQ?

They're in the title strip from the old forum, and they're in TUCQ's between game backgrounds. (You know when you beat the map, and go onto the next.)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

damien

Sorry for taking so long to get back here.  I only get on the internet once a week.

Okay, first off, like I said in the first post, only the Enhanced and Updated Version has been uploaded.  I didn't have time to upload the others.  That means the bottom link.  I have no idea why some of you can't seem to access it.  Yes, I use Internet Explorer, and if some of you use a different web browser (e.g. Firefox) it could be that I used some HTML "shortcuts" that only work for I.E.  Maybe I should start processing my webpages through MS Word.

And whoever it was that placed this link (http://dsr.rewound.net/chexweb/default2.htm), where in the world did you find that?!?  That's my old site CQ Reality, but I didn't put a link on my post.

Yes, Replica, this is what you were intended to get after clicking the link and clicking "Enhanced and Updated Version": http://dsr.rewound.net/chexweb/original/updated/frames.htm.

Quote"Ooh, Commander Keen stuff! (I clicked on the "back to main hub" button. :p)

EDIT: Nevermind, that links broken too.
What do you mean that link's broken?  It works fine for me.  In fact, last week I posted a link to it on the Public Commander Keen Fan Forum and nobody complained about broken links.  Try this: dsr.rewound.net/keen/, or this for my home page dsr.rewound.net.

QuoteAnd yeah, I think I'd rather have an Original version than this so-called "Enhanced" version.  I don't give a zorch if the system requirements for TUCQ are on there.  I want the original site back.

And a flaw: in the FAQ section, it states that the GZDoom version of TUCQ can boost health to 200%.  First of all, there's no such thing as a GZDoom port for TUCQ anyways.  Second, I just want the original CQs.

Blah.  Needs a LOT more work.  Though the concept is nice, once again.  2 out of 10 stars

We don't have the "Original" Version.  All we have is the scanned printouts.  The main enhancements here are not intended to be graphically, but textually.  Note my extended History of Chex Quest.  My removal of countless grammatical errors.  My modification of the Bios so they no longer contradict known parts of the Chex Quest storyline.  My complete rewriting of the flemoid Bios so they actually match the gameplay and don't sound pathetic.  (In fact, I pretty much rewrote the entire Bios section except for four or so of the Cereal guys.)
And in the FAQ, I seriously modified most of the strategy tips and stuff to line up more to the Chex gameplay than to Doom.  The original FAQ was pretty much a sloppy modification of the Doom FAQ.
And I added a miscellany of interesting stuff in the "Miscellaneous Questions and Answers," as well as various things throughout the site.

And regarding the 200% thing, I'm talking about the w.i.p. patches you can find on the forum.  Once you apply all the patches Fruits and Vegetables will boost you over 100% all the way to 200%, just like glasses of water and Supercharge Breakfasts.  The patches also add hi-res floors, etc.  It says it has some 3D models too but those never worked for me.

So does nobody know anywhere I could get any of the original pics?  So far I just have a handful of the flemoids (currently included) and the Chex Quest logo (which I'm only GUESSING came from the original site).

Atariangamer

Hey damien, thanks for answering a few questions.

The buttons only work in internet explorer, but most go nowhere...and about the "original" site, we're talking about recreating the site from what we have with NO modifications or updates. The enhanced version can have this, but we'd like a living, working chexquest.com remake. But all your stuff is a step in a new direction, lets just try it.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

What he said.

I would like to see the Original, non-edited version first, then maybe an Enhanced version.

Okay, so that's what it was, they work in IE. Please, PLEASE fix that.  A lot of us on the CQFF use Firefox.  I don't want to open up IE just to get one site.

Oh, and as for the CQ Reality thing? I tried to click View Image in Firefox on the broken image on the home page you provided, and then it said Web Page Not Found.  So then, I clicked "Back to Main Page."  It brought me to a bunch of links, none of which worked for me except for one.  That's how I got there.

TrueDude

Quote"Ooh, Commander Keen stuff! (I clicked on the "back to main hub" button. :p)

EDIT: Nevermind, that links broken too.
What do you mean that link's broken?  It works fine for me.  In fact, last week I posted a link to it on the Public Commander Keen Fan Forum and nobody complained about broken links.  Try this: dsr.rewound.net/keen/, or this for my home page dsr.rewound.net.[/quote]

Ah, it works now. Thanks!

Manny Cav

But for the love of Manny, make the thing work in non-Internet Fail browsers! Anyone who has any internet sense uses Firefox (or something comparable on other operating systems besides Windows, as I don't know if there are any release for other OSs), and we Firefox people tend to get cranky when one little thing pops up that Firefox doesn't like.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 10, 2009, 10:44:12 PM
But for the love of Manny, make the thing work in non-Internet Fail browsers! Anyone who has any internet sense uses Firefox (or something comparable on other operating systems besides Windows, as I don't know if there are any release for other OSs), and we Firefox people tend to get cranky when one little thing pops up that Firefox doesn't like.

Exactly! I'm not going to one site that's friggin' IE-based just to switch browsers for five minutes.

And btw, I know Linux users can use Firefox, and Apple users have Safari.