Boingo and TUCQ Appreciation Thread

Started by Chukker, April 29, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Chex

Well, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY sad to see you and your project stop here. But who knows? Maybe Some of us here including myself, could man up and pick TUCQ back up and finnish it! I promise that IF I do, I WILL keep true to the original and will not unless by popular vote change the overall style or mapping!
:D :p

Datra

This makes me really sad too.  :'( mostly because after all these years it was TUCQ that brought me back to Chex Quest and eventually, to this forum. So I want to thank Boingo for all his hard work and bringing Chex Quest back into my life and I wish you luck in whatever your plans are for the future. And I believe, and I'm sure most if not all of you think so, TUCQ truly IS the ultimate Chex Quest.

P.S.
Quote from: ChexCommander on April 29, 2009, 12:29:27 PM
I bid you farewell, Boingo,
Boingo left!?!?!?
CQHD Community Dev

The Slimeinator

It would be just plain WIN to see TUCQ incorporated into CQ 3. I suggest upgrading to GZdoom to get all the features of TUCQ replicated in CQ 3, but, that's just me. :-\
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

If they could accurately emulate Software mode with 3d features...PWNZ.

I kinda like the old style feel of ZDoom's renderer, and with GZDooM, that look takes a good bit to accomplish (and dont say to lower the resolution and all the settings...that just makes it look bad XD)

but I would be onboard with a GZD version.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Hey, a TUCQ-CQ3 CheesyDoom merger would be fine with me.

Quote from: Datra on May 03, 2009, 01:41:18 AM
P.S.
Boingo left!?!?!?

If you'll check Boingo's profile, the avatar now says "N/A" and below it he says "Not Available."
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

TrueDude

You never know... He could eventually turn up with a new version.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: ChexCommander on May 03, 2009, 08:48:52 PM
Hey, a TUCQ-CQ3 GZDoom merger would be fine with me.

P.S.
Boingo left!?!?!?

If you'll check Boingo's profile, the avatar now says "N/A" and below it he says "Not Available."

Fixed.

ChexCommander

Quote from: True_Dude on May 03, 2009, 09:02:59 PM
You never know... He could eventually turn up with a new version.

Highly unlikely.

Slime, what problem do you have with me calling it what the Xbolt family calls it? XD
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

The Slimeinator

GZdoom is too awesome to be mocked.

Anyway, I would definitely like to see this happen. ;D It would be most excellent.

Datra

Quote from: The Slimeinator on May 03, 2009, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: ChexCommander on May 03, 2009, 08:48:52 PM
Hey, a TUCQ-CQ3 GZDoom merger would be fine with me.

P.S.
Boingo left!?!?!?

Fixed.

WHAT!! now I'm really sad.
CQHD Community Dev

Atariangamer

There was other stuff there, I'll wager. He didn't just up and quit Chex Quest for no reason.

BTW, slime...thats not mockery...

Its Mock 2: the speed of stupid!

xbolt

Manny Cav

Quote from: The Slimeinator on May 03, 2009, 12:07:50 PM
It would be just plain WIN to see TUCQ incorporated into CQ 3. I suggest upgrading to GZdoom to get all the features of TUCQ replicated in CQ 3, but, that's just me. :-\
ZDoom would be easier, though, since the stand-alone Chex Quest 3 engine is ZDoom, and porting all of the changes to GZDoom would be extra work. Unless ZDoom can't do overlapping sectors, something that was used extensively in TUCQ, Chukker will have no problems beautifying the levels.

Chukker also mentioned on a few occasions having monitor issues with GZDoom, likely an OpenGL issue.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

ZDooM cant do it TRUE 3D. There are, however, plenty of tricks to make it seem like that. but since there are so many of them, GZDoom seems to be imminent.

But I thought that Chukker didn't do much source editing, mainly just the PK3 edits.

Manny Cav

Hmm. Then GZDoom is likely the way to go. Chukker will have to port the source changes over to GZDoom in order to make a higher-quality product.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010