Poll

What should the first beta be?

Sunny Raisin Resort
SRR + Urban Streets
SRR + US + Midnight Freeze

Author Topic: Chex Quest: World Trek! CQ:PZ's successor  (Read 28194 times)

Offline Zorchdude

• Wiffleball of the fourms
  • Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
Chex Quest: World Trek! CQ:PZ's successor
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:07:19 AM »
Okay, you know the drill. I cancelled CQ:PZ. But it's gonna have a successor!

Chex Quest: World Trek.

Named by my fellow CQ fans! ^^;

The new story goes like this:

Fred Chexter has been relaxing for two years. He has been temporarily dismissed from his job for a year now because of his well-earned rest. He is staying at the Sunny Raisin Hotel on Ralston. However, his Cell-Pod starts bleeping. He presses the button...

A set of co-ordinates pop up on the screen. He recognises them as the IFOC Ralston Laborotory! The Chex Warrior swears under his breath and puts the Cell-Pod down. He is walking to the main building to pay before leaving when Flemoids start invading the sunny resort! He runs back to his hotel room to get some Zorchers...

I have no idea whether there is more then one episode or not. These are the planned levels, however.

E1M1 - Sunny Resort (The hotel mentioned. Named after Sunny Raisins.)
E1M2 - Urban Streets (Yes, this is the one surviving level from CQ:PZ. It's City Centre!)
E1M3 - Midnight Freeze (This is a very cold place. At night. Brr. Snow galore.)
E1M4 - Pymarid Dunes (Egyptian! Scale the pymarid, scavenge the dunes for civalisation and visit the "Phare-Oat's" tomb. Heh.)
E1M5 - Dragon Road (Very Chinese. It will feature the Long Wall of Noodle Valley!

I also have ideas for new weapons, and new ways for weapons to function. (Story wise, these could be explained as advancements of technology!)
By pellets I mean small yet compacted zorch fields. Like, a compacted version of the Phasing Zorcher.
New weapons are italicised.

Bootspoon - Gives off a small Zorch charge that goes a little ways in front of you. SLIGHTLY less powerful then the Mini Zorcher.
Mini Zorcher -  Can now be (VERY slowly) rapidfired, but still not very powerful.
Large Zorcher - Still takes ages to reload, but slightly speeded up.
Ultra Zorcher - NEW! Super Shotgun replacement. Like the Large Zorcher, but more powerful. Takes years to reload.
Zorch Propulsor - There is no Explosive damage, and it is slightly slower. Slightly stronger to make up for it.
Zorch Pod - NEW! It is a bit like a grenade. You have to be lucky to pick up a full one or find some scattered parts.
Phasing Zorcher - It is slightly quicker.

I also have some ideas for new flemoids, or upgrades of old ones not upgraded in CQ:PZ.

Calamus - NEW! Lost Soul replacement. It flaps it's little wings and sometimes charges at you. When it collides it recoils and a blob of slime is blown out of it's nose.
Flem Mine - Because it isn't very fitting for a lost soul replacement, it will now be a medium speed time bomb that blows up when you get near it- or it gets near you. It's like a flying Bouncing Betty.
Gyro Cyclopitis/Cyclopitis Megatos - NEW! That's my name for Replica's new Flemoid design. I will be seeking his permission to use it when this mod starts getting worked on. Megatos is just a Latinised word for Omega, which was Replica's name for it.

I am hiring for help on this project! Unlike CQ:PZ, where I went in alone, I want to have a project a group of people can feel proud of!

Mapper - Zorchdude (Sorry guys, I'm doing this alone.)
Texturer - Zorchdude, Replica, [===] (1 place. You might need to do abstract things.)
Spriter (Objects) - Zorchdude, [===] (1 place. I'd like the style to remain fairly consistent. However, whoever applys for this may not have much to do.)
Spriter (Flemoids) - [===] (1 place. I'd like the style to remain fairly consistent. You will only have to do one or two Flemoids, but you will have to do whole sets and to VERY strict regulations of style!)

Requirements to become a Texturer - PM me a bunch of awesome textures you made yourself! I'm thinking Replica on this one, but I want him to approach me and not me to him because that would seem like I'm forcing him.

Requirements to become a Spriter (Either kind) - PM me a bunch of awesome sprites you made yourself! No Red/Blue flemoid variations, Slimey. :P

Now, I've come to a sticky situation. Should the first beta be a release of E1M1? Or E1M1 and E1M2? And what about E1M3? Please vote up there. ^^^^

Thanks,
~Zorchdude
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:55:44 AM by Zorchdude »
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
Re: CQ:PZ Replacement info
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
Anyone?
Narf.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Chex Master
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
Dude, chill. You don't have to double post. You posted this at 6 in the morning my time. Heh heh.

At any rate, I like it, and have an idea of my own.

How's this for a name?

Chex Quest: Back to the Squadron
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
x.x

Thanks. You know you COULD become a spriter for this project if you wanted to... ;)

That name...

Is too long. XD Srysly, if I think Chex Quest: World Trek is too long, one with a longER subtitle isn't gonna tickle my fancy. :P
Besides, there's nothing to suggest it's a world adventure. :/
Thanks though! ^^;
Narf.

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »
Well, the name should fit the story well. Chex Trek is a good name, but I believe it's already taken. This project is going to be an invasion of the world right? How about "Chex Quest: World Invasion?" I also have no problem for your use of the Omega Cycloptis, as long as I'm given credit. :)

I have no problem helping you with your mod. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm not the best texture maker. I can see what I can do, but don't expect too much. I've also been swamped with School work lately, so I won't be able to get you anything fast. After the 29th I'll be free to help though. :)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
Correction- Chex Trek WAS taken, but it was cancelled. :P
I think that sounds too much like it's Invasion mode. ^^; Thanks for the idea though. I'd prefer to play up on the 'Adventure' aspect.
Thanks for letting me use it ^^

You should take that back. Most of your textures are awesome. The sand textures are really good examples of them. :P
I'm gonna be swamped with school work too, so no worries :P

I have also come up with another level idea!
Narf.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
Well, the sand was poor, but I had ended up fixing it into a PNG, and photo shopped it. I'm a ton better then I was when I originally started though, ex. the Omega Cycloptis. (It's not it's official name, so you can name it what you want.) You can put me on your list if you want to though. :)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Do you want to be a Texturer? ^^

You'll mainly do stuff for the Chinese and Egyptian levels if you do. I'm very good at making snow/icy stuff (Midnight Freeze) and the Sunny Raisin Resort is just a sandy, grassy CQ3 E3M3. ;)
Narf.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Yeah, You can through me down as a texturer. :)

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
Perfect. ^^;
Narf.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 06:13:55 PM »
Even though Chex Trek is canceled, it still exists as an unfinished project, so I would strongly advise against using any names already spoken for.

I voted for Chex Quest: World Quest, though I'd be just as happy with Chex Quest: World Trek.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Snot Lord
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
I take back my vote for Other. World Quest does sound like a very nice name, and fitting too.

Or maybe Chex: World Quest or Chex Quest: Zorch the World to avoid repetition?

The ideas for your levels sound wonderful. Beaches, streets, ice, sand, oriental. Those are very good ideas that I don't think have been used too much before. 

I hope you can get this mod off the ground soon.  ;)

And no Chex Trek. No man, no. It's taken.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
CQ: Mission Worldview

(IDK)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Zorchdude

• Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 03:53:05 AM »
Chex Quest: World Trek will be the name! I've taken your suggestions and it's the only thing more then 1 person agrees on. Could someone please edit the Topic title? I'll edit the post.

Fine then. :P I take back my vote for CT and instead vote for CQ:WT. ^^;

Thanks Chexcommander. :) The first 2 levels will just use textures already used in Chex Quest 3, so they aren't very original. Well, maybe the Beaches one. But thank you for liking the ideas! ^^ Zorch the world sounds misleading. :P

Oh belive me, I've already got the main WAD up to scratch. I just need to make the levels...

Here's another poll! Would you like the first beta to be just E1M1? Or would you like it with a finished E1M2 as well? Or what about E1M3? Well, would you?

Thanks for all the nice comments!
Narf.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: Chex Quest: World Trek! CQ:PZ's successor
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »
When you click on modify on your post, you can change the topic title. ;)

I votez for 2 maps.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal