Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorchdude

I LOVED THIS SLICE OF EPIC WIN! =D
The new monsters (Apart from the Ultricus and that tall, dangly Demon replacement) are SO CHEESY though. Your lost soul replacement doesn't look good whatsoever (In look, not in spriting ability- You're still awesome at that Chukker) and the SPID replacemnt looks cobbeled together. The Cyberdemon replacement is the Best of the worst. (3rd best monster in CQ3)
Anyways, you are awesome at mapping Chukker! ^^
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

The Slimeinator

I think all the sprites are excellent. Especially when the Flembomination (not such a good name XD) shoots just as many slime balls as its firing animation suggests.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

This was awesome. Everything looked just right. The textures still felt like the cartoony CQ1 and 2, but had the more modern themes to them...The new enemies looked just like the Larvae and Quadrumpus in CQ2 did compared to CQ1...We got new flemoids...We got a good set of new levels...got some new textures and items, and a whole nother aspect on our CQ Universe! Now, my only question...When will 'The Ultimate Chex' come out? (meaning, a 4th episode of win like this)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

When I made my previous statement, I had obviously not download the game. The changes to the engine were much more substantial than I originally anticipated. Still, what would even be better is if the changes were released in a DeHackEd/DECORATE/WAD/PK3 download that allowed modders like me to easily implement the changes in our mods, like I would like to do. :)

There were quite a few bugs. I'm probably going to forget some, since I didn't give it a real through playing through. The CYBRE1 thing is, regrettably, something that seems to happen once in awhile to sprites or graphics. They look fine in-game, but when you try to export them, it completely messes with everything.

Because The Ultimate Chex Quest Phase I was used as the base to combine Chex Quest 1 and 2, it inherited its problems, like in the first blue room in E1M1 with the Bazoik Nutritional Development Center poster that has some blank textures.

There was a HOM on the elevator in the region where you get the blue flem key. Also on the subject of flemkeys, the red pickup message has a spelling "nistake" ("Picked up a red sflemkey."), and the yellow flemkey's flashing sequence with the sprites seems out of phase with the other two flemkeys.

As with the text, like pick-up messages, a lot of them are different from the original Chex Quest engine, like the armor pick-up messages, the erroneous zorch pick-up messages that list a specific amount of zorch that was picked up, etc.

I did like certain changes to the levels, notably, E2M2. Perhaps these changes will make it to The Ultimate Chex Quest, Boingo the Clown? :)

I offer more when I give it a thorough playing through.

Also, to dig up an old issues, throughout the readme and the in-game text itself, the cacodemon replacement is consistently referred to as the Super Cycloptis. I think the issue on what the cacodemon replacement is named is forever settled, and that that new silly name that we came up with should be dropped off of the face of the earth. >:D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Pikazec2012

WOW! That was amazing. there is one question though i must ask. why in lvl E3M2 are you able to open the doors without keys? i did notice the HoM many mentioned above. O and I LOVED!!!!!!! E3M4 That was amazing A++++++
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Manny Cav

I must also add that the Maximus retained its turning error from Chex Quest 2 that makes it appear to be facing right when it is facing left, and vice versa. I was also a little disappointed that the Stridicus was another demon replacement. I was hoping for a revenant replacement or something similar. We already had two demon replacements. Still, this is easily the biggest thing to happen to Chex Quest, period.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Quote from: Zorchdude on September 07, 2008, 05:43:51 AM
I LOVED THIS SLICE OF EPIC WIN! =D
The new monsters (Apart from the Ultricus and that tall, dangly Demon replacement) are SO CHEESY though. Your lost soul replacement doesn't look good whatsoever (In look, not in spriting ability- You're still awesome at that Chukker) and the SPID replacemnt looks cobbeled together. The Cyberdemon replacement is the Best of the worst. (3rd best monster in CQ3)
Anyways, you are awesome at mapping Chukker! ^^
I must disagre, all the new sprites are wonderfull! I like the lost soul and strider thingy the most. I love how the lost soul shoots slime in every derection with the pipes attached to it, Also the new demon repacement was great it almost scared me when I first saw it how fast it was moving. <_<
The 1st boss was't what I expected, but it looked cool. The final boss was great, the name was funny. ^_^

The Slimeinator

Yeah! Chukker has ultimate epic win that won't dry up until he dies, and then the echo of his win will be heard by the generations of the future...

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on September 07, 2008, 10:06:45 AM
Also, to dig up an old issues, throughout the readme and the in-game text itself, the cacodemon replacement is consistently referred to as the Super Cycloptis. I think the issue on what the cacodemon replacement is named is forever settled, and that that new silly name that we came up with should be dropped off of the face of the earth. >:D

Wich one? I agree if you mean Super cycloptis. >:D

Edit = And guys, Boingo had alreadly said he won't include it in TUCQ.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Josh

Quote from: The Slimeinator on September 07, 2008, 02:39:18 PM
Yeah! Chukker has ultimate epic win that won't dry up until he dies, and then the echo of his win will be heard by the generations of the future...
yes chex quest live forever XD

Super Searcher

The creator of "A Miner Catastrophe". http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?board=43.0

Hey guys look! Its a giant mushroom, maybe its friendly! :D

xbolt

A few more bugs to add, I found myself getting stuck in some places because some of the doors didn't have the 'repeatable action' flag checked. Also, the doortracks didn't have the 'lower unpegged' flag checked, so they moved up and down with the door.

That's all the bugs I found on the first run.

And did Boingo make that E2M2 replacement? It looks very similar to one of the old screenshots he took of his replacement.

And I'll say it again: Epic, epic, win. ;D

Replica

That door was in E3M5, I got stuck there to. The door that leads to a big room that contains the blue key.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

I just played Chex Quest 1 and 2 a moment ago.
I love all the changes like in E2M3 with the maze and E2M2.

One thing I just noticed was that all of the orignal DooM monsters are replaced. ^_^

The Slimeinator