Birth

Started by Kuwabara, July 16, 2009, 01:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabara

Were it not for the bright red rock surrounding the crowd, it would be pitch black in the cave. The crowd is standing, intently listening to a taller figure standing on a raised earthen pedestal.

"For life as we know it begins with two things. The shift and flow of chemicals found in the rocks, and a large supply of nutrients."

"Some religious leaders say that the rocks themselves hold consciousness, our "souls" before we gain a body. Being a scientist, I can't say for sure."

A member of the crowd raises his "hand".

"Sir, what if they are right though? What if our souls really do live in the earth surrounding us? Then would everything else they said be tru--"

"Silence. This is not the time for a debate. I am here to tell you how you physically came to be, not the if's and why's."

"Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, chemicals in the rocks shift their flow every 30 days in such a way that when they all combine they form matter."

"Soon, this matter gains life. At the moment of its "birth" it begins to hunt for nutrients."

"After only two weeks, this life-form has grown eyes and a elongated body."

"Two weeks after that it bursts out of the rock and emerges into the world as we know it. We refer to this stage as 'Larva'."

"Any questions?"

Another member of the crowd raises its "hand".

"Sir, if I may, what is the point in learning all of this?"

"Student, if you don't even know your own past, then how will you survive the future? We are the Flemoid race, and we must be wise in the ways of the world if we plan to travel it in search of nutrients. Class dismissed."

Atariangamer

You dont know HOW confused I was till I noticed we were talking about flemoids...WHOO...

actually, i'm doing an epic reading of this, spawned from boredem

sorry if this is FAIL, but I was completely bored and wanting to do something random.

Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

A simple picture would have sufficed...nonetheless, good job making a pointless video! *claps*  :D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

matthias720

I thought the video was interesting.  Maybe we should start dramatizing our fan-fiction in this manner?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

I could do it, too...mebe i should.

ChexCommander

:o

I didn't realize there was sound! Sorry, Atarian! I thought it was just a slideshow containing the bear and the WAT picture. Must have been my wireless headphones not set up properly.

So, now that I realized the audio, nice narration! We should do that more!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Kuwabara

Quote from: Atariangamer on July 16, 2009, 04:26:12 PM
You dont know HOW confused I was till I noticed we were talking about flemoids...WHOO...

@first bit of post: Heh, then it worked then.  Thats EXACTLY what I was aiming for!

@video:  :o That was EPIC Atari! I am honored, really.

Atariangamer

well, with responses like this, i might do more!

CHEX STUFF

I got the idea for these photos from a user whose name I can't remember.  Thank you, member!