Been looking for weeks...

Started by Vulture, October 09, 2009, 05:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulture

Well, ive been looking for weeks for a version of chex quest (and maybe the sequels too) that work on a mac that are free to download. ive not found any. i found this forum, and it looks to be filled with people who would be knowledgeable on the subject.

any idea how to run chex quest on a mac, where to download it with its sequels, and all that? i really do miss it, ive not played it in years.

if it helps, i have the original chex quest cd, but its for windows.

Replica

Alright, I'm not sure how well this works, but you can try this. http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19321&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Simply place Chex.wad in the folder you installed ZDoom to. (Chex.wad is in the CQ directory.)

Welcome to the forums!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

On old mac, the CD had a WAD that you put in the dir of Mac Doom...but yeah, if you have a new one, that is the way to go.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Vulture

Replica, the download in the link you provided doesn't work, are there any other places to download it?

Replica

I'm not sure. :-\ While I'm looking, you should take a look at this. http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_ZDoom_on_Mac_OS_X

Edit = Try this. http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/220832/zdoomosx_0.4a.dmg

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Vulture

ok thanks, i got it to download, and i put the doom.wad file that came from the chex quest cd where the readme file that came with zdoom said to put it, but i try to run it and it instantly crashes... i have the system requirements too, so... what did i do wrong?

Replica

I'm not sure exactly. (I have vista.) I suggest you make an account on ZDoom's forum and ask about it. (Make  sure you make a new topic because you'd bump that one.)

Vulture

do i need a separate launcher file for it?

that zip file came with 2 files - Zdoom OS X, and a readme file... do i need anything else?

Atariangamer

actually, take the chex.wad from the windows part of the CD, and place that in the right directory. That should work, unless this is an old build. Chex support has been there since late last year/early this year.

Vulture

that's what i did, it didn't work. any idea where to get a newer version of it?

Batmanifestdestiny

Well, you could try installing Wine for Mac or some other program like it(such as Darwin), so you can run Windows programs, and then download cq3.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Vulture

i was on the wine site and i couldn't find the mac version of it... maybe im just not seeing it?

Atariangamer

Batmanifestdestiny

oops, yeah, I misspelled Darwine. >.>

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!