May I present my (somewhat complete) reconstruction of www.chexquest.com!

Started by celebi23, November 13, 2009, 05:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebi23

Please read the other topic: http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=2232.0 too much to quote here

http://idisk.me.com/celebi23/Public/WWW.CHEXQUEST.COM/src/FRAMES.HTM

Since Apple's iDisk service can't display htm, or html, pages that aren't made with their iWeb program, I've also uploaded the entire directory to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjj21gimikg

I'd like to thank damien for scanning the original black & white printed pages (of the Bios & FAQ).  That was an amazing starting point that I based the rest of my reconstruction off of.  I'd like to also thank Al, the guy who sent me the the 35 (full color) printed pages.

Please keep in mind that it's not finished & still very WIP.  Some things might be broken. For pages that I don't have scans for, I just place the Chex Quest logo & put a title on the page.  Let me just adress this now, unfortunately, I do not have the Chex Quest 2 Intro or Ending animations.  :'(

Once I finish cleaning up the site, I'll upload the original scans.  To preserve the quality of the images, I scanned them as PICT images.  This caused the total size of all of the scans to be almost 700MB!  :facepalm  I'll convert the images to JPEGS is people want.

Hopefully having this will be useful in jogging people's memories about the site.  Maybe they'll remember if they have a copy of it somewhere  :D

Atariangamer

Firefox hates 'htm', and can't display it properly. I did find a way to download the whole /src/ directory and display it properly from my HDD...and I'm AMAZED.

Except for the lack of background (which I'm not sure if the original had one or not), it feels like it was pulled from wayback when! Excellent job! Only problem...after Chex, I get an accented capital A. Is this a coding error? or is it my problem.

and @PICT, I'm not sure what things open those. My software allows it, but JPEG would probably help size and compatibility.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

Darn... My compy won't load it no matter what explorer I use. (FireFox and IE)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Richie

xbolt

I think the problem of it not loading is not due to the browser, but rather that hosting service.

I downloaded the whole directory, and it works fine.

Now, celebi23, I feel that I must say that you have won MULTIPLE INTERNETS. That is all.

celebi23

Since Apple's iDisk service can't display htm, or html, pages that aren't made with their iWeb program, I've uploaded the entire directory to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjj21gimikg

Thank you all for your kind comments.  Wasn't really sure how it would turn out.

Quote from: Atariangamer on November 13, 2009, 10:36:59 AM
Firefox hates 'htm', and can't display it properly. I did find a way to download the whole /src/ directory and display it properly from my HDD...and I'm AMAZED.

Except for the lack of background (which I'm not sure if the original had one or not), it feels like it was pulled from wayback when! Excellent job! Only problem...after Chex, I get an accented capital A. Is this a coding error? or is it my problem.

and @PICT, I'm not sure what things open those. My software allows it, but JPEG would probably help size and compatibility.

That accidental A keeps happening for some reason.  I'm still trying to figure out why.  I'll work on converting the scans to JPEGs later today.

Quote from: matthias720 on November 13, 2009, 02:08:50 PM
For what you have, celebi, it's impressive!

Thank you.

Quote from: Replica on November 13, 2009, 04:05:12 PM
Darn... My compy won't load it no matter what explorer I use. (FireFox and IE)

Check out the mediafire link I posted.

Quote from: xbolt on November 13, 2009, 05:29:10 PM
I think the problem of it not loading is not due to the browser, but rather that hosting service.

I downloaded the whole directory, and it works fine.

Now, celebi23, I feel that I must say that you have won MULTIPLE INTERNETS. That is all.

Thank you.  Again, if anyone is having problems viewing the site, just use the mediafire link that I posted.  I'll post it in the first post as well.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

arch129

Great job on the site celebi!  ^^

Quote from: celebi23 on November 13, 2009, 05:17:02 AM
Once I finish cleaning up the site, I'll upload the original scans.  To preserve the quality of the images, I scanned them as PICT images.  This caused the total size of all of the scans to be almost 700MB!  :facepalm  I'll convert the images to JPEGS is people want.

How about PNG, anything is better than jpeg...  <<

Datra

I tip my hat to you celebi. great work, would love to see what else more you do with it. :)
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

Quote from: arch129 on November 13, 2009, 09:21:39 PM

What are you talking about? JPEG is very good quality, and a standard used by many. Anything is better than bmp...>_>

arch129

Quote from: ChexCommander on November 13, 2009, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: arch129 on November 13, 2009, 09:21:39 PM

What are you talking about? JPEG is very good quality, and a standard used by many. Anything is better than bmp...>_>

ChexCommander

I never said JPEG was BETTER. I said it's not bad at all, especially for photographs.

And besides, that only happens in MS Paint. :P

The Slimeinator

Quote from: ChexCommander on November 13, 2009, 10:39:28 PM
I never said JPEG was BETTER. I said it's not bad at all, especially for photographs.

And besides, that only happens in MS Paint. :P

And Photoshop.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5