H.A.U. Status???

Started by chexquestisawful, December 29, 2011, 01:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chexquestisawful

I have been following the status of H.A.U., but the info seems to drop off near the end of 2010. Has this game been finished, or is it dead?
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

ChexCommander

Quote from: chexquestisawful on December 29, 2011, 01:11:31 PM
I have been following the status of H.A.U., but the info seems to drop off near the end of 2010. Has this game been finished, or is it dead?

Ah, due to, erm, issues with The Slimeinator's life and family he has since departed the CQFF, and as such whether any more progress has been made on this nicely-shaping-up mod we cannot tell. If there were any way to contact him (which I would love, I miss that guy) I'd ask.  But for now, just take comfort in playing all of The Slimeinator's mods, I guess, as they're all amazing.

Also check out our other mods like Newmaps, The Lost Quest, CQ Advanced, and the CQ Skulltag Pack while you're at it, if you haven't already. :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

MrFlem

O.K., I know where he's coming from. BTW, I tried to download the last release of H.A.U., and when I clicked the link, the site said that I didn't have permission to access the downloads(or something like that). Is there another way to download the game?

noob1234

Our downloads were broken so we just got rid of them altogether.
I have the file so I can upload it to mediafire if you want.

ChexCommander

Quote from: noob1234 on December 29, 2011, 04:58:09 PM

That would be a good idea. We really need to get the Downloads (or some other method of WAD distribution) up and running again. Maybe via Fathax?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

I'm... not really familiar with Fathax, so I wouldn't know how to set up a directory for the forums. For some reason I thought our downloads were backed up in the Gallery, but I couldn't find them... Maybe we could use the gallery? (would hafta ask Xbolt)
Anyways, here's H.A.U. Release 2

MajorSlime

I can use Webs to set up a site with all the downloads or something like that. It would have limited bandwidth, which means limited downloads, but with the current size of the community I don't think it would really be that much of a problem :/
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

fathax is easy and free to upload to, and it doesn't automatically remove files

Don't upload anything but wads or pk3s, or archives containing these files, though.

http://wadhost.fathax.com

Unfortunately, Wadhost has been taken down and replaced with a much more restrictive system that only accepts final versions of wads and pk3s.

For betas, your only alternative now is to use Mediafire or convince a server cluster with a FTP (I don't have one) to host your file.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

rexxor

Quote from: ChexCommander on December 29, 2011, 05:02:01 PM
Quote from: noob1234 on December 29, 2011, 04:58:09 PM

That would be a good idea. We really need to get the Downloads (or some other method of WAD distribution) up and running again. Maybe via Fathax?

Maybe somebody could get a Torrent together of all of the CQFF wads\pk3 files?
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

noob1234

IDK, I have a lot but I'm not familiar with torrents much