wow chex quest EM1 doom style

Started by Josh, May 06, 2008, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

i know id software has about 38 game developer's but there all college trained  pros

Atariangamer

...Didja see how long it took, tho?
I mean, one person could make a full TC of Quake 3 Arena for Chex Quest. But, how long it takes them is the question. If I had mad modeling skilz, nice drawing skilz, and some other stuff, I could make one. But be prepared to wait.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Josh

yeah all the freaking textures id have to make 0_o  :o :o

Replica

Quote from: atariangamer on May 14, 2008, 05:33:45 PM
...Didja see how long it took, tho?
I mean, one person could make a full TC of Quake 3 Arena for Chex Quest. But, how long it takes them is the question. If I had mad modeling skilz, nice drawing skilz, and some other stuff, I could make one. But be prepared to wait.

Heck it could take years to create a Doom TC!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

well...most good ones do. But, IF you have a 'knack' for that sort of thing...maybe 3 months. Textures can be public domain'd, or hand drawn in miniutes. Maps (in classic style) can take from an hour to a day. More involved stuff takes weeks to get down right. Sprites can be done in miniutes or public domain'd. Title art and such doesn't take very long. Music can be public domain'd or hand made in a day or two. Depending on the quality. However...If you get riddled with problems, blocked by stuff, losing team members, and other junk...you can get KDiZD (a few years for 10 maps).

Josh

hmmmm KDiZD i saw a youtube vid of that noones made a chex quest KDiZD yet :(

Atariangamer

Well, would you like to spend years and years reworking the maps down to finite little details? The closest thing we have is TUCQ phase 2. Anything over that would take a very long time.

Manny Cav

Quote from: atariangamer on May 19, 2008, 02:17:21 AM
Well, would you like to spend years and years reworking the maps down to finite little details? The closest thing we have is TUCQ phase 2. Anything over that would take a very long time.
Thing is, TUCQ has already took a long time, or definitely will by the time it's completed.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Josh

yeah it would take a long time plus i sux at 3d moddleing

Atariangamer

well, most of the CQ models are simple boxes or cylinders... ya just gotta know how to make their skins.

Josh

Atariangamer

well, no better way to learn then to try. Grab GZDooM or Skulltag, a nice model editor, and a good paint program. Then go to the forums or wiki of ZDooM. Muck around a bit. You might get your models featured in TUCQ!

PatPeter

Its even better when you play Chex Quest levels with Doom characteristics (hmmm, haven't done this for about a year, what was it...): I think the enemies were still flemoids but some of the Doom ones that didn't carry over were invisible (facing invisible enemies is quite fun and a good challenge), the map still looked like Chex Quest, it only got REALLY good past the last level and into the original Doom levels.

Ever seen a Flembrane move? MHAHA!

Manny Cav

Quote from: PatPeter on May 20, 2008, 09:47:14 PM
Its even better when you play Chex Quest levels with Doom characteristics (hmmm, haven't done this for about a year, what was it...): I think the enemies were still flemoids but some of the Doom ones that didn't carry over were invisible (facing invisible enemies is quite fun and a good challenge), the map still looked like Chex Quest, it only got REALLY good past the last level and into the original Doom levels.

Ever seen a Flembrane move? MHAHA!
A common effect when playing just the Chex Quest IWAD by itself or a poorly setup TUCQ in Doom Legacy.

You know, as some food for thought, while playing the stolen Chex Quest 3, I frequently encountered invisible "Flemoids". I'd take damage for no reason it seemed, but when I used the "sherrill" cheat, I was shown Flemoids in locations where I couldn't see them outside of Map View mode! Of course, I now know the enemies I encountered as Lost Souls and cacodemons. They put those enemies in without any sprites!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

lol

and I have a pack here that when added onto DooM/Doom2 will put a chex quest-y spin on the graphics a bit.