Chexy Minecraft Action?

Started by wiweeyum, October 19, 2012, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

So, I got a LogMeIn account, got LogMeIn Hamachi, managed to connect to the 'LAN' that I should believe is the correct one...but no multiplayer servers.

Anything?

EDIT: Ah, I gotta leave for Java class in a few minutes, maybe it'll get fixed before the night ends? (or someone can point out what I'm doing wrong...)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

wiweeyum

Try adding the LAN server IP. Dunno know if that'll help, but it's worth trying, right?

192.168.1.101:51421

MajorSlime

No, the IPv4 should be the right one. You shouldn't need an account, sure you got the right version? There's a couple, and most people use the free simple one, doesn't require an account.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

Yeah, I got an account before I got the 'free' one. And I did all that I could think of, including the things listed here. It just didn't work, plain and simple.

wiweeyum

So you connected to the ChexCraft hamachi server, but was not able to find/connect to the 'Bazoik' world within Minecraft? Just clarifying.

Atariangamer

Yes, I was in the ChexCraft part, saw your computer, then launched Minecraft and looked for LAN servers...found nothing. Out of curiosity, I added your computers IP (the one you posted here), as well as a load of internal IPs (like, 192.168.x.1xx), to no response.

wiweeyum

I think I've had LAN problems before on this computer with Minecraft. I'll look into it I guess...

Today, I finally finished putting in the boxes. The structure is there, and now it needs some good styling passes.

Then I built the teleporter room. I was just going all out from memory and came up with this.

I played the level and saw that it had a much whiter color scheme, so I changed it to this.

Honestly, I think it needs work, but once again, the main structure is there and block types can be swapped pretty easy.

MajorSlime

Oh goodness... I REALLY need to get on there and do some detail work... (sorry, ocd + perfectionist) The weekends coming up...

LAZ Trooper

When this is done I'm totally submitting it to the Minecraft Monday Show. I doubt he would actually feature it, seeing as CQ is such a small (but devoted) fanbase, but maybe he played CQ years ago and he might, bringing CQ a lot more attention...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

wiweeyum

Okay, I would love to have this online so people could log in and play whoever they have the time. However, I'm incredibly paranoid of griefers and crashing servers. About a year ago, I built the first level of doom similarly to how I'm doing this project, and it was coming along fantastic. It was almost at the "presentation" level of quality for recording and posting to YouTube, when the server was messed with and the entire project was lost. No backups, nothing. I was so devastated that I honestly have not touched minecraft until I started this project.

So, what are the options as far as persistent severs, keeping some control over backups, and making sure that if someone decided to go on a destructive binge that their carnage can be undone. Is that even possible?

wiweeyum

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 01, 2012, 09:43:24 PM
Oh goodness... I REALLY need to get on there and do some detail work... (sorry, ocd + perfectionist) The weekends coming up...

No apology necessary. I'd lovethehelp!

wiweeyum

Triple post action! You can download up to these pictures here:
ChexCraft Beta v.4

Today I started on the stairs leading up the sides of the storage facility to the observation deck.

From the top.

And then I blocked out the spacing for the bend at the top of the stairs.

For kicks and giggles, I did it in glass, since I'm going to replace it all later anyway. It's fun to see out the side of the mountain.

MajorSlime

Look up Bukkit servers and the LogBlock (can undo griefing) plugin, plus maybe some administrative plugins for permission. As far as griefing, if you've got a whitelist, shouldn't really be a problem.