Chexy Minecraft Action?

Started by wiweeyum, October 19, 2012, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

Doors and elevators, yeah. But IDK if every 'door' is going to have pistons in it just because of the speed. But some like the fridge doors in E1M2 would be nice, and definitely some of the arboretum doors.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Atariangamer

Pardon the double post, but its all running on my Rig now, which is much more stable.

Only downside is no FTP or SSH for doing filework. I'll be in and out over the weekend, but at least it'll run with no interruptions now.

So! if you want to see what its all about, get a message to me or wiweeyum, and we'll get you the IP.

wiweeyum

You rock! Let's finish this thing!

MajorSlime

Atari, the smaller doors use a different design, which is much faster.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Atariangamer

Server is back up. I'd been messing with it all day, and come to find out the java platform was just stuck running in the background...not cool.

wiweeyum

Well, I think I'm going to take a little break for probably a week or so. Together, we've finished blocking out the entirety of Missions 1-4... which was a pretty monumental task. I'm currently bleeding MC blocks out of my eyes, and my wife isn't too incredibly impressed with my lack of attention to her. :P

Either way, the levels are tehre to be detailed, and maybe even find some cohesion. The caverns will be an entirely different beast, as my current workflow won't... er... work. So, Give me some time to recuperate, and I'll knock out the caverns soon!

I'm still honing the texture pack, and will upload the most recent version after I make a few changes today.

EDIT:
Here's the latest texture pack. Still not 100%, but very close.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3736023/chex_terrain.zip

Atariangamer

Okay, I'll work on a bit more of the detail, and after that, I'll post a public download.

My home internet is suffering, so I'll take it down for the week as well.

LAZ Trooper

When I can I want to get it into MCedit to clean up the terrain.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

wiweeyum

Sounds good Atarian. You've been a total champ keeping this thing hosted for the month.

And LAZ, that would be fantastic. It obviously needs a lot of love. :) Especially with the arboretum, I just desecrated the surrounding landscape as you could see. Once Atarian puts the public files up, that'd be a great time to MCEdit the sucker to high heaven. Then when it gets hosted again, we'll upload your build with the updated terrain.

I think I'm going to create the Caverns on graph paper before going in game. It'll be easier to translate in my head, and then I can scan them and stitch the pages together for anyone else that wants to help. Cohesion ma friends!

grouchbag

It does sound quite neat!Go for it!

Atariangamer

Soz for the delays, guys, but here's the latest map file:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BydfV_CdAExiZXNpcTVCOFA2eGs

This is a complete (well, minus working doors and elevators) set from E1M1 to E1M4.

E1M4 was when we ran out of steam, and as such the detail is lacking. Hopefully in awhile we'll get the server back up and have communal work again (as soon as wiweeyum has a good idea of how to do the Caverns).

In any case, just use this texture pack:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3736023/chex_terrain.zip

And turn on cheats/flying. You'll need it.

LAZ Trooper

I'm taking it to MCedit right now to clean up the terrain. I may try some work on the mountains to make it blend more, but I'll mainly be removing the grass and stuff.

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

wiweeyum

I'm recovering from burnout a bit I think. Did you you do any major edits to the terrain LAZ? I was going to download the map and start making the Caverns, and don't want to cause version problems.

LAZ Trooper

I started but I don't think I finished. I must've gotten distracted by some other Minecraft thing. I'm on break for 2.5 more weeks, so I'll put that on my list of things to do before school starts.

Current Projects:

wiweeyum

In case anyone wanted to see the Minecraft Bazoik, but didn't want to go through the toruble of downloading it and stuff, here's a good 20 minute video of me running through it. Coming back and looking at it for the first time in four months was pretty cool! We did a really good job y'all! Maybe I'll start diving in to the Caverns again... (Though then again, I'm kinda hot on another insanely large project.)