What CQ Mod Are Currently Available?

Started by Boingo the Clown, November 11, 2013, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

With the archive having lost files, and my not having kept up with other people's mods for Chex Quest, I really need to know what mods are available.

So what is out there?

What mods are there?

What pages are there that are dedicated to Chex Quest?

I would really like to know.

MajorSlime

• Arch's 'The Lost Quest' is always under constant secret development. At least, I think its still being worked on XD We only really hear from him every once in a while.
  • 75's Skulltag Pack (or whatever its currently called, I can never remember) has taken over the CQ multiplayer scene. It also has some new Episodes though
... Wow those are the really only active projects aren't there... geez. Well, to top it off, i'll list off those that are dead/inactive that I have the WADs for (I have no idea which of these still work in the downloads and which dont): CQ: A New Mission, CQ: A new Era, CQAD, CQ: Ragnarok (beta 1.0), CQ: World Trek, CQ: Generation 2, and Newmaps.

As far as pages dedicated to CQ, I think were the only one XD But I have no idea. There are a few mods out there for other games/engines that are CQ based, I believe, but I don't know much about those.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Rather disappointingly, there really hasn't been that much CQ activity lately. It seemed to sort of die out mysteriously some time after Chex 3 was released, except for CQ Ragnarok and (at the time) Chex Skulltag Pack.

As for active projects, there's my mod, Chex Pack, Boingo's mod (TUCQ), CQ:TLQ, and that new source mod that just came out a while ago that the guy posted in my subforum.

If you're looking for downloads, I have some wads on me that I can upload, though my selection is rather limited.

I know for a fact that I have Chex Quest: Journey of Legends, and one of the Slimeinator's "Generation 2" mods, I can't remember which one is which.

As for other CQ pages, well, there's quite a long list of really old and inactive sites on the Chex Quest Gallery's "links" section
http://gallery.xboltz.net/links/ (prepare for 1990s web coding)

Good for nostalgia/history/curiosity but not much else. Anything newer than 2005 is rare or nonexistent.

Chex Quest has been featured in quite a few random news articles on the internet over the years, highlighting various marketing-related awards that CQ has won and re-revisiting how good it did back in 1996.

That blasted old Tucows download that inspired Boingo to make TUCQ is still up, somewhat ironically.

So to answer your question in a nutshell, "what's out there for Chex Quest"? This site, my site, random news articles/interviews with chukker, and sites that haven't been updated in over 8 years.

There might be more chex sites out there, but with the large mass of partial hits coming up from random review sites, they might be hard to find.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

I'm also working on a mod of a mod; that 'Extreme Survival' that's under 75's subforum. Its slow progress as I only work on it every once in a while, but its progress nonetheless. So, its sort of 'active'; there's no download or anything but I can always offer info about it if anyone's curious - which probably no one is XD

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 12, 2013, 01:49:10 AM
I'm also working on a mod of a mod; that 'Extreme Survival' that's under 75's subforum. Its slow progress as I only work on it every once in a while, but its progress nonetheless. So, its sort of 'active'; there's no download or anything but I can always offer info about it if anyone's curious - which probably no one is XD

I'll try it whenever you consider it in a good testing state.

E5 has been in development for a few years now, I haven't forgotten about it, but single player maps are hard...
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

TrueDude

I know I've said this like twice before, but someone should update the old Strife map packs to work with the modern TUCQ and/or convince a certain someone to merge them into TUCQ. ;)

There's also the version of the old, stolen Chex Quest 3 I redid for the actual Chex Quest 3, where the only stolen things left were 26 textures, 3 flats, a few graphics, the music, and of course, the maps themselves. (Still not really with permission of the original mappers...)

I feel like some of the other mod links in the Inactive section were not broken when I last checked.