Request: Chex Quest 3 Original Release

Started by fuzzymage, March 05, 2015, 04:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzymage

I'm working on a personal archive/versioning project for certain games and it seems like the original release of CQ3 fell off the face of the internet. Does anyone happen to still have the original zipped Sept 07, 2008 release of CQ3 or know anyone who might have it? I've already tried google/web.archive.org and even messaged the creator and have had no luck.

Awesomedude249

You could look at the topic "Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!" topic and look at the first post, download the early version.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

fuzzymage

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on March 05, 2015, 04:31:17 PM
You could look at the topic "Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!" topic and look at the first post, download the early version.
The link in that post was replaced with v1.4

I've already checked every archive I can think of including some of the old file sharing sites with no luck. Most likely, my only chance is finding someone who has it backed up somewhere

Awesomedude249

You could just get version 1.4, there are plenty of CQ archive sites already. A harder thing to find would be the original "Stolen" CQ3.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Drwalrustein

I wanted to find the stolen cq3 so I could play it.

Awesomedude249

From what I've heard, the levels are terrible; you probably wouldn't want to play it.

Keep in mind that it' s also lost to the ages, probably no one would have it.

Drwalrustein

Well I want to play it and I want to experience it.

I would've had the original CQ3 release but that laptop has been replaced, sorry...

Maybe Atari or boingo would have them?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

xbolt

I have every version of Chex3 that ever was released. Here's the original.

I also uploaded the unofficial Chex Quest 3 here.

fuzzymage

Quote from: xbolt on March 06, 2015, 12:13:28 AM
I have every version of Chex3 that ever was released. Here's the original.

I also uploaded the unofficial Chex Quest 3 here.
You're a lifesaver. Thanks man

xbolt

Awesomedude249

I knew SOMEONE would have it, and with xbolt's hobby of archiving everything Chex Quest related, that's pretty normal.

EDIT: Waaaait a minute, that stolen CQ3 is the same as TrueDude's Chex Quest 2.5! I thought they were different, and the Chex Quest 2.5 was different than the original stolen one.

noob1234

It is slightly different, most of the stolen resources (Other than maps obviously) are replaced, but that's about it.

Awesomedude249

Oh. I'm making an Aquarius199-style gameplay of Chex Quest 3, I'm using the earlier version so that I can exploit some mapping mistakes. ;D