IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameMaster

im only slightly dissapointed to hear that this has been ported to zdoom
i understand the advantages, but making it for chocolate chex, i.e. chex.exe like the first two would have been more, well.......more......i dont know........like following the first two games? i dont know how to say it. though i realize now it can be played smoothly in skulltag.

Manny Cav

ZDoom doesn't suffer from as many random error as Legacy, though. ZDoom is a more stable port, and since Skulltag is sourced from ZDoom and/or GZDoom, this will make it easy to play on Skulltag. And of course, when TUCQ finds its way to GZDoom, it will be easy to add this new game to TUCQ, if Boingo decides to pursue that venture. I approve of the switch fully.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Me too.  And SuperChex's patch makes TUCQ even easier to run on GZDoom/Skulltag for now.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

GameMaster

meh, ok, im convinced.

btw, didint chukker say he would include the first two games as well?
that would be perfect!

Replica

No, well not that I know of.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

GameMaster

i'm pretty sure he said that a while back, i was reading through the pages last night.

oh i remember, the one were he released those screenshots of the new sewers and end game text. i thought he mentioned the first two games included.

Manny Cav

He did. The first two games will, indeed, be included, according to him.
Quote from: Chukker on August 06, 2008, 10:09:03 AM
The biggest news is that the game has been successfully moved over to ZDoom. It was suprisingly painless to do, but I wasn't using many Legacy-specific features anyways. As the first screen suggests, the original Chex 1 and 2 will be included in the wad, each ending with appropriate text screens after 5 levels. Right now Chex 1 and 2 have lots of incorrect textures... Boingo, I know your pain.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

GameMaster

thats very good news. all 3 of them can be played on skulltag with only one wad....thats awesome.

but doesnt that put boingo's project to shame, if both he and chukker are making a zdoom-compatible compilation of cq1 and 2 plus a 3?

Manny Cav

Boingo is aiming at doing a full 36 levels, while Chukker here plans on only 15 levels, tops. That would be the classic 10 levels, plus his 5 new levels. So, no, this will not put Boingo's project "to shame".
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

GameMaster

sry for the dumb question, inhaling too much secondhand smoke

Batmanifestdestiny

That stuff's nasty for you, try cracking a window.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

newsted_jr

i can't wait for this.
hopefully its finished before july, thats my ship date for the army

no pressure tho chukker! wouldn't want to make the man who helped me...(your code was walk thru walls, right?) mad at me  ;D

Notiswas

And I'm shippin to the Navy on Oct. 27th, so Chukker, get going!  ;D Just playing around about the hurry... but yeah, Navy for me.  Don't hurt me!  :D  Just wanted to add that I respect your work greatly, and Chex Quest is firmly engraved in my pallet of nostalgia where it shall always remain, and I can't wait to see the mission continue to continue! 

By the way dude above me, good luck in bootcamp.  I'm worried for my own neck, and I can only imagine what army boot camp is like.  :o

newsted_jr

thanks dude, but we better get back on topic or we'll have to worry about Loremaster AND boot camp

ChexCommander

Hee hee, somebody's afraid of Loremaster...

But I greatly doubt it.  Chukker said it might be finished before the end of the year, so I'm hoping this will come out as a nice Christmas present for everyone.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods