Older CQ mods...

Started by Atariangamer, January 24, 2008, 07:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

I know the biggest ones are in the Fan Projects section, but...what about the others? Richie's mod? Strife's level packs? (I really want these...) all the other stuff? stuff from the archives of the old board? does anyone still have those? I'm gettting kindof nostalgic here...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Loremaster

All topics on the old board are viewable at the URL of the old board.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Atariangamer

But the downloads don't work...thats why I asked.

Manny Cav

Hold on, I'll try to grab a post I made that I think you missed.

EDIT: Huh... couldn't find it. Anyway, when you say Richie's project, do you mean the 2D Game Maker game, "The Return of the Chex Warrior?"
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

IDK...In the History on the old board, there was a 'date unknown' point that said richie made what could be considered the first CQ mod...also, I heard alot about "strife's level packs"...what are they and where?

Manny Cav

Here is the first of his level pack, meant to be run as another PWAD for TUCQ. There was also a second one that I can't seem to find.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Thanks! (for the second time tonite...) My sister is on my computer (I downloaded Yahoo! messenger...something that's not working on hers...only problem is she is the only one that uses it! I have no friends on Yahoo...)...ANYWAY! That said, I don't have legacy and Tucq on this computer...

Strife

Aaw shucks, you guys still remember my levels. :,)

My level packs and unfinished CQ mods are still on my older computer, so i'll have to transfer them to a flash drive the next time i'm home and re-upload them. ^_^

Manny Cav

I downloaded both of your level packs during my life as a board lurker. They were awesome!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

mob720

I second that notion. You sure know how to whip up some mighty fine levels, Strife. I wish we could get you to make some more, though... ;)
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Strife

Thanks. ^_^ It's been a while since I made a map...

Shortly after the second level pack, I started making a megawad for Doom 2 that included custom textures, monsters and music, but I never managed to finish it. I was also too intimidated by the Doom-related forums to upload it and request feedback, so the levels have basically been collecting dust on my old computer. xD; Maybe someday I can convert them to CQ maps, or convert my CQ maps to Doom maps for inclusion in the megawad.

Atariangamer

Howz bout loading what you have up here? I'd play it, DooM or no DooM!

mob720

Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Atariangamer

Hmm...I wonder if he know how much prestige he has here...even an unfinished work is a work of art...

umm, strife? could you, OR ANYBODY upload the second level pack? and anything else you did mapwise?

Strife

Like I said before, most of my CQ maps are still on my old hard drive. When I get a chance to go back to my dad's house, i'll transfer them to a flash drive and upload them through my current computer.

In the meantime, i'll see if I can fix up my old Doom megawad (meaning to clean up extra files and test the maps) and upload it.