Beta 6 Release Topic (Outdated)

Started by arch129, January 26, 2008, 05:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

mob720

Wow! VERY nice! This wad is turning out very nice indeed. Keep making those levels!

Still on E1M2 there is no exit.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

arch129

Quote from: mob720 on January 26, 2008, 09:56:17 PM
Wow! VERY nice! This wad is turning out very nice indeed. Keep making those levels!

Still on E1M2 there is no exit.
The exit in E1M2 is the door behind where you start. Too open the door you press the switch behind the blue door.

The Slimeinator

I would recommend making the switch a repeatable action, but you may have fixed this in the latest beta. (I haven't finished it yet)
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

Quote from: The Slimeinator on January 27, 2008, 01:23:30 AM
I would recommend making the switch a repeatable action, but you may have fixed this in the latest beta. (I haven't finished it yet)
I never noticed that before.
I'll be sure to fix that.

The Slimeinator

So, while I was playing through, I took note of a couple excellent things and a couple errors. One thing is that, while you replaced the firing sprites of the Rapid Zorcher for those in Chex Quest 3 (stolen) you forgot to change the on-ground item sprite. You also included the stolen Chex Quest 3 levels. Heaven knows why.
Also, I hope I'm not spoiling anything :-X, but I noticed your black-suited Cyberdemon replacement. I checked in this new release, and the switch thing is there.

arch129

I didn't see any of the Chex Quest 3 levels when I checked.

The Slimeinator

They didn't look anything like Chex Quest 3's levels. I'll get some screenies for you.

Here you go:

Compare that to this:

mob720

Oh, yeah I know about the exit behind the door (why there?), but the switch opens it but the door closes? I didn't know the switch opened the door in the first place. Yes please make this repeatable.

arch129

What map number is it because I never seen that in Legacy or GZdoom.

The Slimeinator

How embarissing. :-[ It seems as though I have been running Manny's TNCQ all along.
:-[ :-[ :-[

mob720

You know, the armoured beppy slime balls are invisible. Oh wait, every slime ball except the super cyclops is invisible. This makes it hard to avoid them and to keep from dying. Please fix this!

The Slimeinator

You are most likely attempting to run the mod in GZdoom. The mod is currently for Doom Legacy.

mob720

OMG that's what I've been doing!!! Thanks, I'll try it in legacy later.