Beta 9 Release Topic (Outdated)

Started by arch129, February 13, 2008, 02:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

Download -> http://www.mediafire.com/?aqddme1yipz
E1M4 is now completed.  ;D
If you find any problems tell me about them.

Atariangamer

I'm going to get it, just wait a second...

Oh, and shouldn't this be beta 0.9?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

mob720

I am really confused about the engine this runs on. I think once you said Doom Legacy but the batch file in the zip said GZDoom.

Also, in GZDoom the invisible slime ball thing REALLY pisses me off. I'm trying to survive in your majorly awesome looking levels, but then I die because of a stupid invisible slime ball. I'll try this wad in Legacy now to see if it helps.

EDIT:: It doesn't. I get an error trying to get into the first level saying IRegistersong: stream buffer setup FAILED or something like that.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

arch129

Did you try running it in OpenGL Mode?
Also do you think I should remove the bat file because I can't realy
think of any way to fix the invisable slime ball error in GZDoom.

Manny Cav

I was going to suggest that you stop including the batch files in future releases because I use stuff like that to determine what source port I should use. If I'm supposed to use Legacy, then you should include a readme with such information like that to tell downloaders how to run the mod.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

mob720

It is in opengl. Well, I got the promblem sort of solved. If I start on a level via warp, the error doesn't occur. BUT when I get to the next level, it errors out and I have to warp again and lose all my weapons. (Do you know how hard it is to beat E1M3 without any weapons???)

arch129

Quote from: mob720 on February 16, 2008, 12:57:08 AM
It is in opengl. Well, I got the promblem sort of solved. If I start on a level via warp, the error doesn't occur. BUT when I get to the next level, it errors out and I have to warp again and lose all my weapons. (Do you know how hard it is to beat E1M3 without any weapons???)
When it errors out does it say any thing?

mob720

Quote from: mob720 on February 16, 2008, 12:23:25 AM
EDIT:: It doesn't. I get an error trying to get into the first level saying IRegistersong: stream buffer setup FAILED or something like that.

How do you beat E1M4? I have no idea whatsoever.

arch129

QuoteHow do you beat E1M4? I have no idea whatsoever.
Where are you stuck in E1M4?

mob720

Well, in Legacy, I get to the part with the big sparkly things and the armoured beppies and commonuses pop out at you and I beat them all and search around. Sadly, there is nothing there, except a small hallway with a dead end. So I try to go back to the beginning of the level, but the lift doesn't work. So I keep going around looking what to do, get frustrated, either restart the level or quit and come here.

arch129

Theres an other hallway that looks like the other but theres an teleporter its near the front of the main room.

mob720

Ok, I found it. After that things get a little crazy, though. I ran out of ammo and found myself face to face with a maximus (?) AND I HAD A FRIKKIN SPOON!!!

The Green Avenger

Rites of passage, mob.  You have to get the maximus with your spoon!  J/k, I couldn't do it.

BTW, great levels, but I used GZDooM because of the .bat.  Some things were missing.

Edit: Tried TLQ in Legacy, no go.  I had to do some edits on the .bat, and I can't use music.  The .bat looks like this now:

legacy.exe -iwad doomu.wad -file CQTLQ.wad -opengl -nomusic
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Manny Cav

How about running TLQ in Legacy without the batch file? Running PWADs in Legacy is less of a pain than it is in ports like ZDoom because of the Legacy Launcher.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010