Beta 21 Release Topic

Started by arch129, May 28, 2010, 10:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

I guess it's that time again.  Beta 21!

http://www.mediafire.com/?manvmtdm24d

Last Level of Episode One E1M7 is Finished!
So yeah, I going to start Episode Two, for reals this time!  :whale

Please comment after you get a chance to play it!

The Green Avenger

Pretty good!  I did notice that I couldn't see the 3d water or slime effects.  Are those OpenGL exclusive?  Apart from that, there were a few teture errors, mainly around sloped parts of the map.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

LAZ Trooper

3D water and floors seem to only work with OpenGL, and as such, I believe I will have to postpone my playing of this update until I get my OpenGL fixed. :facepalm
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

arch129

Quote from: The Green Avenger on May 30, 2010, 11:42:08 PM
Apart from that, there were a few teture errors, mainly around sloped parts of the map.

Textures are hard to get aligned right on slopes.

The Green Avenger

Figures.

By the way, E1M7 is the most sadistic level ever to appear in a Chex Quest game.  I just finally got through it without God mode.

EDIT: What do the Archy the Bomb things do?  The last one at least seems to have a purpose, but the rest of them are just there.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

arch129

Quote from: The Green Avenger on June 01, 2010, 12:20:36 AM
By the way, E1M7 is the most sadistic level ever to appear in a Chex Quest game.
XD

Quote from: The Green Avenger on June 01, 2010, 12:20:36 AM
EDIT: What do the Archy the Bomb things do?  The last one at least seems to have a purpose, but the rest of them are just there.
They are just items you can find, they have no real purpose besides a extra challenge finding them all.

noob1234

in "status of the lost quest" it should say beta 22 will have E2M1 done
-problem with the music: it just kept playing the intro music over and over, except when you win.
-grammar n***'ing: the end message says "flemiod" at least twice, and "themselfs" should be "themselves"
as for the actual level...OMGOMGOMG!!!! i tried it without god mode at first, but was slimed after the first two maximi, so i did it on god mode. that level is frikkin crazy!!

arch129

Quote from: noob1234 on June 05, 2010, 01:01:50 AM
-problem with the music: it just kept playing the intro music over and over, except when you win.

Mind you explain this more, I haven't seen anything wrong.

as for the actual level...OMGOMGOMG!!!! i tried it without god mode at first, but was slimed after the first two maximi, so i did it on god mode. that level is frikkin crazy!!

Glad you liked it!  :whale

noob1234

Quote from: arch129 on June 05, 2010, 01:54:19 AM

Mind you explain this more, I haven't seen anything wrong.

hm, thats weird. i tried it again today and it works fine.

Datra

So I haven't played TLQ since it was on Legacy because I've been getting errors. But it's working now and I LOVE what you've done with everything!! I'm only on on about the 4th or 5th level but it looks great and I am looking forward to the craziness on M7.

btw: is the "yellow flemkey" supposed to open up the green doors? 'cause it shows up as green on the HUD but it won't open up the green door for me. I think I'm in M5 but idk. It's the first level where you find the flemkey.
CQHD Community Dev

arch129

Quote from: Datra on June 05, 2010, 03:05:50 PM
btw: is the "yellow flemkey" supposed to open up the green doors? 'cause it shows up as green on the HUD but it won't open up the green door for me. I think I'm in M5 but idk. It's the first level where you find the flemkey.

Use the chex.wad as the IWAD not chex3.wad please.

Complete playthrough, I think... I didn't find any bonus levels.

I like it  :whale

There were a couple weird parts, and the last two levels didn't do it for me (too repetitive on the green textures... I know it's the sewer, but still, green blocks get kind of old). The very end of E1M7 was cool.

Arch, can you even beat E1M7? I've done some crazy things in doom, but for nearly the whole time in E1M7 I had Davidbrus on.... I'd put some health in that elevator, at least.

I had it on at the end because I'm no good at dodging homing projectiles

There's a couple bugs, but you change so much each beta, they're probably not worth mentioning.

You know your doors close really fast?

Also, your levels are really long, which I like, but the music sometimes got old for me... Red Storage particularly.

Where do you get your music from, anyway?

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

arch129

Quote from: 75 on June 05, 2010, 07:18:30 PM
Also, your levels are really long, which I like, but the music sometimes got old for me... Red Storage particularly.

Where do you get your music from, anyway?

I know, I wish I could make my own music, but I can't make a song to save my life.  ><

I get my music from VGMusic.

There were a couple weird parts, and the last two levels didn't do it for me (too repetitive on the green textures... I know it's the sewer, but still, green blocks get kind of old). The very end of E1M7 was cool.

I WAS going to add some pipes on the walls of some of those levels, but apparently I forgot... <<

Arch, can you even beat E1M7? I've done some crazy things in doom, but for nearly the whole time in E1M7 I had Davidbrus on.... I'd put some health in that elevator, at least.

I have beaten it multiple times, maybe I should do a Youtube video.

Anyways I'm glad you enjoyed it!  :whale

I found some music for you, let me know what you think

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3hjymxcqem

Changes - E1M4 (not a great match, I'm still thinking about it), E1M6, E1M7 (might be a bit too loud, but it's fun at least)

and instead of silence for the area before the boss in E1M7, what if you used something sort of like what plays in yoshi's island when you're walking to the boss, you know what I mean?

E1M6 might be too heavy for your wad, but I'm not sure. I think it's a good fit because it's starting to get difficult at that point, but then again, it's pretty hardcore for CQ.

EDIT -
I found one song for E1M4 that fits well, but it's way too fast. It fits excellently, but it'll give the player a heart attack, and I don't think E1M4 is a cardiac arrest friendly level. XD
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

arch129

Quote from: 75 on June 06, 2010, 03:22:10 PM
I found some music for you, let me know what you think

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3hjymxcqem

Changes - E1M4 (not a great match, I'm still thinking about it), E1M6, E1M7 (might be a bit too loud, but it's fun at least)

and instead of silence for the area before the boss in E1M7, what if you used something sort of like what plays in yoshi's island when you're walking to the boss, you know what I mean?

E1M6 might be too heavy for your wad, but I'm not sure. I think it's a good fit because it's starting to get difficult at that point, but then again, it's pretty hardcore for CQ.

EDIT -
I found one song for E1M4 that fits well, but it's way too fast. It fits excellently, but it'll give the player a heart attack, and I don't think E1M4 is a cardiac arrest friendly level. XD

E1M4 and E1M6 doesn't fit that well, I like E1M7 music a lot but it doesn't match the feel I'm trying to get, I might use it in episode 2.  Do you mind just giving me the new E1M4 and the E1M7 midi?