Pwads? (Outdated)

Started by arch129, September 20, 2008, 04:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should CQTLQ other episodes come in PWADs?

Yes, Of Coure!
1 (14.3%)
Sure
1 (14.3%)
Maybe
1 (14.3%)
No
0 (0%)
NOOO!!!! >:O
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 04, 2008, 04:24:16 PM

arch129

Have been thinking, what if the first episode of CQTLQ was an IWAD then the other episodes where PWADs, like the hole second episode was a PWAD that ran from the main IWAD that had the first episode.
Tell me what you think about this idea.

Atariangamer

hmm...like a shareware release? one episode only, then you gotta buy/download the other two? (if you could get it to work like that, it would be PWNZ!)

for that, I should say somewhere between yes and indifferent...

but it makes sense, try it
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: Atariangamer on September 20, 2008, 05:14:29 PM
hmm...like a shareware release? one episode only, then you gotta buy/download the other two? (if you could get it to work like that, it would be PWNZ!)

for that, I should say somewhere between yes and indifferent...

but it makes sense, try it

I was more thinking of having it split up so you don't have to download one big WAD every time theres a release.

Manny Cav

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE DREADED PWAD SPAGHETTI SYNDROME!!! Please, one IWAD, and one IWAD only!!!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TheMasterOfBattle

Quote from: Manny Cav on September 20, 2008, 06:30:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE DREADED PWAD SPAGHETTI SYDROME!!! Please, one IWAD, and one IWAD only!!!
SECONDED!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

arch129

Quote from: Manny Cav on September 20, 2008, 06:30:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE DREADED PWAD SPAGHETTI SYNDROME!!! Please, one IWAD, and one IWAD only!!!

He, He, I knew you would put in the PWAD SPAGHETTI SYNDROME!!!! sometime in this topic. ^^

The Slimeinator

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Bad idea is bad!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Pikazec2012

i would vote yes becuase it save fail up users time (not me but still thinking of others
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Atariangamer

plus, if its only an IWAD and one pwad, no spagheti, just make sure you dont hilight every single wad when you click and drag, rite? or if you do batch work, theres no WAY that could happen! ><
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

Quote from: Pikazec2012 on September 21, 2008, 09:50:50 PM
i would vote yes becuase it save fail up users time (not me but still thinking of others

This post made no sence to me.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on September 22, 2008, 07:34:12 PM
Quote from: Pikazec2012 on September 21, 2008, 09:50:50 PM

This post made no sence to me.
He's saying that it would save time for members here that use dial-up, and that is true, but only for the short term, and the end result is that the total package would actually use more space that if it were just one IWAD, and the prior advantage of quicker downloads for the separate episodes would be almost completely lost once the mod reached a state of "near-completion" with few updates left.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Whay doesn't he just just use a RAR file?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.