The "To Do" List

Started by Boingo the Clown, February 09, 2011, 03:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Quote from: Atariangamer on October 15, 2012, 08:56:10 PM
As far as my limited knowledge goes...only the teleporter light bars won't convert well. All else should be cake, but again, good luck!

Oh man, the teleporter lights! I remember how awesome they looked the first time I played TUCQ.

And FraggleScript! GZDoom supports FS now? Brings me back to Newmaps and TGA's stuff.

EDIT: Just read the conversion thread. Nicely done so far, Boingo!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: Atariangamer on October 15, 2012, 08:56:10 PM
As far as my limited knowledge goes...only the teleporter light bars won't convert well. All else should be cake, but again, good luck!

I was just asking about how to replicate the effect in GZDooM on the ZDooM forums.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34323

Super Chex

Make the Chex font sheet into a zdoom font lump. That way, you can type names into MAPINFO lumps, and it will generate it's own slime font versions of the text.

EDIT3>> Make the teleport tube texture one-sided, and facing away from the middle (not into. >.< I made a typo before), and put a fullbright tag on it. It looks like the Legacy tube that way. I can make you a tube texture if you really need one. Also, implement the actual slope on E1M1 instead of those ministairs that lead to the landing pads from the lobby, please. All the weapon definitions are messed up, so I cannot switch weapons. I think it'd be nice if the Biped and Commonous made goo noises instead of zorcher sounds.
:D :p

TrueDude

Maybe make have other ventilation shaft passages in the vents that you can't go down, since it's a bit odd that the vents don't actually connect to anything other than two different rooms in most cases. I'd also love to see what you turn the brown room outside the main hangar into. I always imagined it was some kind of waiting area like in an airport.

If it's possible, you could make the plants in the Arboretum actually floating in water rather than look like paintings on a wall like they are now.

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: TrueDude on February 06, 2013, 12:57:24 AM
If it's possible, you could make the plants in the Arboretum actually floating in water rather than look like paintings on a wall like they are now.

Believe it or not, that is something I have wanted to do for years, and even tried at one point.  I had not been able to do it in Legacy because translucent textures (glass) for some reason would not show sprites behind them.  GZDooM does not have that problem, so it is quite likely that I will build tanks in the near future.

TrueDude

Make the buildings in E2M4 have different heights, and different colors perhaps, to make it not look like one really long building perhaps. Also, make the first room you teleport to in that stage possibly linked to a window of a building, and maybe make it look more like it has a purpose rather than just some brown room. (An office of sorts perhaps?)

Boingo the Clown

Believe it or not, I have been thinking about those exact things.  I do not know how much I can do with the problem for a while though.

TrueDude

Very minor thing: if I load up TUCQ with Doom II as an IWAD (Mostly by accident when using ZDL) the title music and intermission themes use Doom II's instead of TUCQ's. I think you could set it so no matter what you load the game up with it'll play TUCQ's music instead, though I'm unsure how you do that. (I think in the MAPINFO?) Otherwise it runs perfectly in Doom II so making the mistake of loading it with that IWAD doesn't seem to be cause any problems.

Boingo the Clown

I will look into it.

Thanks.

TrueDude

Add Bazoiks surface outside of the Arboretums window. Maybe add windows to Storage Facility or Laboratory as well.

Also, maybe see if you can try to put fog in the refrigerators in Storage Facility and see how that looks. Like a fog that covers the floor. Maybe even reduce the lighting a little to match. (Or not...) Adding windows to the upper area where you get the yellow key would be nice too, since you can jump out them if you please and it'd be consistant with other parts of the game to have a glass paned window.

MajorSlime

Rolling fog on the floor would require a new DECORATE actor or two, but it wouldn't be too hard to create some based on already existing cloud spawners and +FLOORCLIP
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: TrueDude on February 20, 2013, 03:14:37 AM
Adding windows to the upper area where you get the yellow key would be nice too, since you can jump out them if you please and it'd be consistant with other parts of the game to have a glass paned window.

Tried it. Hated it. Undid it. (Two weeks ago)

TrueDude

Oh, another thing I just realized, using TUCQ with either the Ultimate Doom IWAD or Doom II IWAD in GZDoom gives you a mouse cursor made specifically for them on the menu... which is the decapitated bloody head of Daisy the bunny. I don't know how you can replace the cursor, but since I've seen it done once I assume it's possible.

Boingo the Clown

You can change the cursor in the options menu.  One of the cursors is the Chex cereal piece.

TrueDude

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks.