Stuck in The Lost Quest.

Started by Ether Bot, July 10, 2014, 06:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ether Bot

Right so in one of the levels (I think it was called the "red storage room") I got stuck. I found a Green-ish key up on some sort of balcony, and a Green-ish door, (of the same shade of green-ish), behind some rocks, but the Green-ish key doesn't unlock the Green-ish door cause the Green-ish key is the "Yellow FlemKey" and the Green-ish door needs a "Green Key".. I can't find the Green Key anywhere, and the Yellow FlemKey doesn't unlock anything else.
When In don't, doubt!

noob1234

You should be using chex.wad as the IWAD, not chex3.wad (you can download it from the gallery)

Ether Bot

Kay, thanks i'll try that. Reply when I'm done
When In don't, doubt!

Ether Bot

Wait, where is it in the downloads?
When In don't, doubt!

Ether Bot

Quote from: noob1234 on July 10, 2014, 02:22:52 PM
You should be using chex.wad as the IWAD, not chex3.wad (you can download it from the gallery)

Where in the Downloads is it?
When In don't, doubt!

xbolt

Ether Bot

Okay, so I got past that, but (still stuck in The Red Storage Room) Theres a point where theres one platform taking up a third of the room, A pit with another deeper pit in it, and another third-of-the-room platform, with a Timer Switch (those ones that immediately turn off). and a broken door next to the second third-of-the-room platform. I managed to leap the pit and pull the switch, but I can't make it back. did I just screw up? was I supposed to do something before leaping the pit?
When In don't, doubt!

Ether Bot

Quote from: xbolt on July 10, 2014, 06:27:34 PM
Here's the Gallery link:

http://gallery.xboltz.net/downloads/#Chex_Quest_Compact

Okay, so I got past that, but (still stuck in The Red Storage Room) Theres a point where theres one platform taking up a third of the room, A pit with another deeper pit in it, and another third-of-the-room platform, with a Timer Switch (those ones that immediately turn off). and a broken door next to the second third-of-the-room platform. I managed to leap the pit and pull the switch, but I can't make it back. did I just screw up? was I supposed to do something before leaping the pit?
When In don't, doubt!

noob1234

Ah, yes, arch's jump mazes XD
Welll... You'll have to figure it out for yourself until I actually go play (can't right now)
Also, please try not to double post, it's okay but frowned upon... Editing your post is better (sorry for the backseat modding :P)

Ether Bot

Quote from: noob1234 on July 10, 2014, 11:39:39 PM
Ah, yes, arch's jump mazes XD
Welll... You'll have to figure it out for yourself until I actually go play (can't right now)
Also, please try not to double post, it's okay but frowned upon... Editing your post is better (sorry for the backseat modding :P)

Oh, i'm new here and can't figure out how to delete posts, but sometimes when I try to post with a quote, it will post 2 for no reason.
When In don't, doubt!

noob1234

Huh. That's odd...
But only mods/admins can delete posts AFAIK... But you can edit your posts by clicking "modify." And no worries! Nice to have someone new here! ;)

Awesomedude249

I think he's talking about the jumpmaze at the end of E1M2.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

Time to fire up TLQ...
(Also, off topic, this is the most active I've seen the forums in a while!)

EDIT: Okay, just realized it's not the one in E1M2, he was talking about E1M4 red storage... Mind posting a screenshot?

Ether Bot

Quote from: noob1234 on July 11, 2014, 02:05:01 AM
Time to fire up TLQ...
(Also, off topic, this is the most active I've seen the forums in a while!)

EDIT: Okay, just realized it's not the one in E1M2, he was talking about E1M4 red storage... Mind posting a screenshot?

Sure of course, But how does one do that?
When In don't, doubt!

noob1234

1. Hit the "prntscr" button on your keyboard.
2. Go into the folder you have GZDoom in (it should automatically save the screenshot for you)
3. Upload the image to an image-sharing site like photobucket or flickr
4. Paste the link to the image inside image tags:  img http://<Enter your URL here> /img (with brackets around the imgs; otherwise it wouldn't show up
Or, alternatively, you could attach it as a file
But I've succumbed to the temptation to play now xD This mod is too good

EDIT: This room?
[spoiler] [/spoiler]