Author Topic: Chaos on Flemoid Prime General Discussion  (Read 34428 times)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: Chaos on Flemoid Prime
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »
I hope so, I miss some of the classic levels...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
*Bump*

All right!  Now we're getting somewhere!  I'm almost finished with E1M2!  Just have to add the flemoids and a few of the items, and we're gold!  Then it's on to E1M3, and after that, we release it!  Yay!

Seriously, look for the next release in the area of March 19th.  Yes, that's this year...  I can't guarantee that it will be exactly the 19th, but that's only because I don't have a very constant internet signal.  Other than that, I should be good to go by <see aforementioned date.>
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:05 AM »
Ok...

what is your avatar, btw?

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
It's from a great multiplayer game called Threadspace: Hyperbol.  I was a beta tester, but haven't been able to buy it since it came out.  Run a search on the title and you can find out more about it.

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
All right, I nee opinions.  My dad walked up behind me the other day while I was playing TLQ and commented, quote: Why is the status bar so blurry?  Well, that made me decide to do a revamp of the STBAR GFX lump.  I've finished it, and it will be included in th next release.  However, I would like to know which of these Q's you like best:

Left is original, right is mine.  I tried to come up with a somewhat 3D look as well as a shaded effect on it, as well as clarifying the Q.  So, do you like it?  If not, I can leave it the same.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »
I could probably cast a better opinion if I had a side-by-side comparison of screenshots of the two full status bars from Chaos on Flemoid Prime, or two full-sized logos.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »
Here's an in-game screenshot comparison, if that's what you wanted:

Notice the Chex Warrior's reactiion...

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
...was that planned? or hacked together?

well, my problem is that its kinda off skewed...my suggestion is to take the original and sharpen it and mess with it, it kinda seems that the upper one is blurrier in general, while the botom is somewhat cleared up, but some of the graphics could still use work...oh, tip! :

take the original,
outline everything,
emphasize shadows and shading,
recolor as necessary,
compare,
check with us,
then if needed, retry!

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »
It does look a little... strange. You know, you might have to get permission to use it, but I think the guy here did a superb job cleaning up the HUD. This might speed you along if the blurry HUD is a roadblock to you.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
O_O I remember that! I downloaded it a while ago. It really looks good, and it does what I was saying, just some sharpening and some shading and shadowing...I like it, if you do.

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
I did sharpen, shade, and recolor, but Legacy seems to add a bit of blur to my remake.  I didn't outline, but I felt that it looked better this way.

The skewed look is due to the fact that I use a weird resolution.  I will release the next version with the new status bar, just to test run it, then, if it doesn't test well, I will look into editing it/using another.  I don't ever feel good about using other people's work.  I do use some things, but not that radical.

By the way, for version 0.15 (the one after 0.1) I plan to have FS movies!  I've figured out how XBolt does it, and have put together a few small FS cutscenes of my own, with a plan to make one for at least the beginning of the new E1M1.

Oh, yes.  The Chex Warrior's reaction was planned.  I just took the first screenshot of the original, and noticed that Chex Warrior was eying the original Q.  Inspiration struck, and I intentionally planted a Propulsor Zorch on my level, then took the screenshot when I picked it up.  I stuck them together, and I had a funny comparison!

In other news, the progress report has been updated.  I'm almost ready for the release.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:57:33 PM by The Green Avenger »

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »
lol...

OOH, almost time for release! good...I finally buckled down and collected the good source ports and such (legacy, zdoom, gzdoom, and a copy of TUCQ) so...I'm ready for some mods.

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
Re: Chaos on Flemoid Prime General Discussion
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »
Hey, guys, I'm back!  I took a little break after the release of v0.1, but I'm back at it.

Just a thought here, what would you guys think of me trying to voice some of the fragglescript cutscenes I'll be making?  The only microphone I have is internal to my laptop, but it isn't horrible.  I also have an audio converter which could change the .wma's into 8-bit wave files, which is what DooM Legacy uses.  What do you think?

Just a note, if I am to do this, as well as merging CoFP to TUCQ as I plan, I will release two versions due to file size: One with the voices, one without.  If requested, I could also keep one version that requires TUCQ, if it would help the ones here with slow connections...

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 08:17:51 PM »
eh, keep TUCQ and COFP separate till its necessary to do it.

You can always compress .wavs...look for one.
Actually, you got my mind going...i'm going to try a small voiced map real quick...thatd be cool. Nothing like what you're doing, just a random thing to prove it.

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:32 PM »
I've already proven it, for the record...

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting