Author Topic: Chaos on Flemoid Prime General Discussion  (Read 35840 times)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 27
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Chaos on Flemoid Prime General Discussion
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »
I'm 95% sure that it can be considered abandonware. Dreamworks, who made it, doesn't seem to make any mention of its existance whatsoever, and while I was searching there wasn't anybody selling it (except amazon/ebay). The only sites that even mentioned it were Wikipedia, GameFAQs, IGN, etc. etc...

It was all over the torrents, though. Which strikes me as very odd. It was a big file, but I've seen larger.

EDIT: You also need to use OpenGL rendering mode.

really? I'll try that. I usually don't use OpenGL

EDIT2 - worked great!

You've got some great ideas going there, but you are going to replace all the grey textures, right?

I haven't finished the whole thing yet, but I'll give you a full review when I do. Looks great so far though!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:08:36 AM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Local Moderator
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »
Thank you!

And yes, the gray textures are on their way out.  That's basically the reason why I announced that the next release for this project is probably going to take a while, as I want to get and install new textures, as well as make some adjustments to the maps (i.e., having them make sense.)

I posted a topic, looking for someone who can make good metallic looking textures for the space station levels.  I believe it was just moved to the 'Sprites and Textures' section.  If you can make textures like that, or if you know someone who's a likely candidate, I would appreciate any help I can get. :D
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 27
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »
I'm actually working on how to draw in 3d. It might take me a while though, but I would like to be able to do that.

I'll let you know if there's any good metallic textures from abandonware games that I could let you... adapt
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting