CQ3- Stuck on the Villa Chex level, unable to procrastinate

Started by Firefly, October 14, 2008, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

in some FPS, you can do that. But in stuff like half life 2, its almost necessary for movement and precision aiming. yes, you can do look up and down with the keyboard (in some games), but that is SO inacurate. Unless I play on god mode, I get killed before I can snipe someone using keyboard aiming.

but the keyboard works for DooM and Quake (except the new ones)
and if were talking about classic doom and quake, I HATE MICE. cuz it either moved the person, or you had to hold a button to do it...><
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

But not classic/chocolate. and thats what i'm talkin bout

celebi23

Yeah, kinda stuck here as well.  Here's the point that I'm stuck at.  I've looked at everything else in this level that I can & I'm still stuck.  I've got a button mapped for Jump.

Kinda stuck as to what I should do next

matthias720

Quote from: celebi23 on January 12, 2009, 01:48:20 AM
Yeah, kinda stuck here as well.  Here's the point that I'm stuck at.  I've looked at everything else in this level that I can & I'm still stuck.  I've got a button mapped for Jump.

Kinda stuck as to what I should do next

That switch controls the door at the other end of the hallway, specificly the one you can't open.
If you run as fast as you can, you should make it.  Just be ready for flemoids on the other side. ;)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Quote from: celebi23 on January 12, 2009, 01:48:20 AM
Please.  Jump ruins the gameplay.  It's unnecessary, and there's a reason why it's greyed out.  You can complete all 15 maps without jumping a single time.  Trust me.  And now just follow the directions matthias720 outlined.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

I can think of one use for jump, and thats for those comfortable with modern FPS control...bunny hopping to go faster

ChexCommander

Tsk...bunny hopping...my friend's so well known for hopping in Counter Strike that he's got his own hop named after him!

And I tried out "always mouseaim" in CQ...not bad, but I'm way better with a keyboard, except when using a railgun.  ;)

Atariangamer

turn off the autoaim...THEN you will fully respect it. XD

but for snipers, the mouse is IMPERITIVE.

The thing about Villa Chex, is that you get to the part where ordinary games' levels would've ended, then you realize "oh crap there's more!"

Same thing with United Chex (subway ;D)- Way to go Chukker!

Especially on Super Slimy - if your heart isn't racing by level 2, you must be dead.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Datra

Quote from: 75 on January 18, 2009, 06:07:29 PM
Especially on Super Slimy - if your heart isn't racing by level 2, you must be dead.
It's especially intense when you have the "fast flemoids" flag on. even worse when you only use the Bootspoon.
CQHD Community Dev

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Datra on January 23, 2009, 08:25:32 PM
It's especially intense when you have the "fast flemoids" flag on. even worse when you only use the Bootspoon.

Dude, the Fast Monsters tag is a part of Super Slimey. Turning it on or off won't affect the mode. Period.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Quote from: Datra on January 23, 2009, 08:25:32 PM

Have you actually beaten the game on SS only using the bootspoon?  :o

I usually use nothing less than the Rapid Zorcher on the bipedicus w/ armor. I can only imagine how much it must suck to dodge those nearly rapid fire simeballs flying at 100 mph while trying to get close enough to use the spoon.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem