CQ3- Stuck on the Villa Chex level, unable to procrastinate

Started by Firefly, October 14, 2008, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

BWAs aren't THAT bad.  Just use a little strafing and you're okay.  Up close, they use a close-range attack anyways (which still does the same amount of damage, I think).

Personally, I think Large Zorchers are fine to zorch BWAs.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

Large Zorchers (Shotguns) are the best all around weapons. All common enemies go down with 10 shells MAX. less if you use a super, but we've yet to have such awesomeness grace an official CQ.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Quote from: ChexCommander on January 25, 2009, 02:00:08 PM
BWAs aren't THAT bad.  Just use a little strafing and you're okay.  Up close, they use a close-range attack anyways (which still does the same amount of damage, I think).

Personally, I think Large Zorchers are fine to zorch BWAs.

I would, but I can't get the alt key to work as a strafe key again (that is, when pressed left and right arrow keys become strafe left and strafe right)

that would be quite helpful

Quote from: Atariangamer on January 25, 2009, 04:07:14 PM
Large Zorchers (Shotguns) are the best all around weapons. All common enemies go down with 10 shells MAX. less if you use a super, but we've yet to have such awesomeness grace an official CQ.

I came up with this one weapon, I think it would be cooler than the "super shotgun" all over again.

It still fires 2 LZ shots at a time, but it fires in 4 sets of two, then a long reload to put 8 cartridges back in (possibly stoppable, like if you needed two shots right away).

It rotates around, manually, somewhat like a bolt reload, the chamber would be moved forward and rotated 90 degrees revealing the next two cartridges

I know this makes no sense, but I'd rather like to make an auto-shotgun... maybe just as a cheat code weapon.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

...see attachment and 75's post...

also, set up another key or 2 for strafe left and right

[attachment deleted by admin]

I was actually thinking something like this

One shot fired, Chexter's hand comes up and rotates the chamber

this keeps going...

When all four sets of two were used (and the handle is returned to the original position), the player would literally have to dump them out, like shake the gun and they all fall out

I'd like to use the Dual Neutron Distruptor sound from Blake Stone - Aliens of Gold for the firing sound, but I think Apogee still has a copyright on it
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

That's exactly what I was talking about a few weeks ago, an auto-shotgun, sorta...only I didn't include a drawing...

Datra

an automatic super large zorcher would pwn all! I can picture it now, Maximus turns around the corner, Chexter arms Automatic-Super-Large-Zorcher and fires. blamblamblam. the Maximus fades away without even knowing what the $*&t happened.  ;D I'm all for it.

CQHD Community Dev

Manny Cav

A separate topic for making new zorchers might be nice. ;)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

DCmetrogreen

OK. So, I got to this point in the Villa Level, and I'm stuck. I've read through this post, made sure i had always run on, and still can't figure out what I should do. The lock is rediculous! It's like, beep.....beep. I'm not even a quarter of the way across the room before it locks again. Help! Thanks!

Quote from: DCmetrogreen on February 21, 2009, 04:18:13 PM
OK. So, I got to this point in the Villa Level, and I'm stuck. I've read through this post, made sure i had always run on, and still can't figure out what I should do. The lock is rediculous! It's like, beep.....beep. I'm not even a quarter of the way across the room before it locks again. Help! Thanks!

It doesn't lock on the second beep, you know. It's open for about 10 seconds.

ChexCommander

Yeah, the beep just means the switch went back to the LOCKED position, but doesn't mean the thing is closed.

Hmm, well, make sure you've zorched all the Flemoids in the corridor before you hit the switch. Are you playing on Super Slimey?