Lo-Res, Hi-Res, or Models?

Started by Atariangamer, October 15, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If anyone was going to do anything with a classic engine, which would you rather have?

Lo-Res Sprites
0 (0%)
Hi-Res Sprites
9 (64.3%)
Lo-Res Models
2 (14.3%)
Hi-Res Models
2 (14.3%)
Dont care
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Atariangamer

just wanted to ask. Most seem opposed to any type of model, so I was just wondering what you would choose?

now by classic engine, we're talking something before 1999 or maybe a year close by.

If you post an answer, put the engine you had in mind when you made this decision in your post.

THIS IS NOT AN IDEA OR ANYTHING. I just wanna see what y'all think engine/model wise.

(BTW, this EXCLUDES Doom 3, Half Life 2, and anything that happened after those games. Those are all highresolution models in highresolution environments, and y'all tend to lean towards all or nothing in quality...)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Nomekop

Atariangamer

...I just said no half life 2.

the question was not what engine, but what quality of objects you'd like...AKA sprites or models, then Hires or Lores

Batmanifestdestiny

I would go with high-res sprites, but ONLY IF THEY'RE DONE RIGHT!

I was thinking of Wolf3D at the time, and I've seen some "High-res" sprites that are just fuzzier low-res ones, and I've seen some that are high-res, but don't even resemble the original sprites!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

Again, we're talking about classic engines. Hires sprites...

and this isn't talking about what has been done or stuff like that, If you could do anything with a classic engine, what would you use?

Nomekop

Ok I change my mind

Highres Cel shaded models

Atariangamer

...if you can acomplish that in a classic engine ><

Batmanifestdestiny

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Nomekop

Make a 3d Model then copy it make it slightly bigger and invert it