Do you realize what we have to do?

Started by ChexCommander, October 05, 2008, 01:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Now that CQ3 is released, I think it would be great to have maybe a Honey Chex or something, CQ: Honey Edition, in which we compile CQ3 along with TUCQ, and maybe CQArena.  We could throw in some Mod Betas too, and have a really cool All-in-one package! Of course, nothing is completely finished, but a Honey CQ Beta would be pretty cool, don't ya think?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

So, just make a big pack of CQ awesomeness? But then do what with it? (good idea, but what aplications?)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

What, exactly, could TUCQ offer over the Chex Quest 3 package? Chex Quest 3 already significantly alters the classic levels (most notably E2M2), and TUCQ does much the same thing, so the differences would either have to be reconciled, or one set of levels would have to be imposed over the other. Also, Chex Quest Arena's usefulness is fairly limited to Skulltag, so I would have to say that that's what you're aiming for. There's hardly anything planned for Chex Quest Arena that isn't Skulltag-specific.

What I always thought would be neat, though, is a "freshening up" for the original Chex Quest games (that now includes Chex Quest 3). In other words, having a specifically designed Chex Quest engine with graphics like Doom 3. The levels would be revamped and everything. Of course, that would require a "superhacker" that can make a brand spanking new engine from scratch, or at least someone that can heavily maul a modern engine like Doom 3 to look like Chex Quest, have the same levels, enemies, items, etc., but look 3D, modern, etc. (Chex Trek never was exactly this). Again, we'd need "superhackers" for something like this, but this is something I've always thought about, something I thought would be extra cool.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

IMO, with CQ3, the best thing to do is to pull some minor-KDiZD or some TUCQ on it. Just push it into GZDooM (for 3d stuffs), hiresolution the graphics, get some true 3d with a cartoon look, DECORATE it, customize the engine, and then totally simplify it and dress up the maps. That would keep our doom feel, but with a good next gen edge to it. Many of Arch's newer stuff looks alot like quake and up...

ChexCommander

Well, y'know, it could be an all-in-one pack for all your CQ Needs.  ;) :D

And by TUCQ, I meant any CQ with all the originals, TUCQ being the first to come to mind.

But I would like a freshining up of CQ Graphics too.

Atariangamer

Well, What would be best is a resource pack...an easy wad of textures, sprites, sounds, and music. Then include versions of the major mods and levels with the resource, and go with it.

Dvader0086

true true... Or maybe we could all work on a mod for it...

ChexCommander