Author Topic: Greetings CQFF  (Read 25320 times)

Offline Datra

• Captain of the Chex Ship.
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
  • wait a sec'... that's not a Chex Ship!
Greetings CQFF
« on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »
Hello, my name is Datra.

This is my first forum I have ever registered to and I must say it is a very interesting experience for me as I type this out.

A little about myself: I absolutely love Chex Quest and used to play it all the time at my friend's house way back in 1997 (I never owned the game myself back then). But my friend moved away and so did Chex Quest and so for the next 8 or so years I didn't get even a glimpse of CQ. but then sometime last year I found and downloaded Chex Quest off of tucows which was pretty dissapointing. A little while later I stumbled upon Boingo's TUCQ which was awesome for the updated graphics and gameplay. and then somehow I was linked to the CQFF and here I am... kinda

Up until about a day before typing this post I have been a massive lurker to this site since around the middle of January. I may have even stumbled upon the old boards before it went down... and I'm sure that now you're wondering why I didn't just join. Well I didn't join mostly because I felt that I didn't have a whole lot to contribute because I have no experience in modding, or spriting, or anything to build off of the classic CQ style. I have been messing around with 3D models over the summer and would be honored to help in any 3D CQ mods anybody is planning. But after witnessing the massive arguement over Atariangamer's HL mod I'm starting to think this won't be much of a contribution either (if you consider it a contribution)

What finally convincd me to join? well after watching this site expand and grow over the 10 months that I have been lurking I saw many thoughtful conversations and events take place that I was itching to join but even still I was so fearful of being unable to contribute that I didn't join at all. but finally the itch overcame me and here I am typing up my first post on the largest and IMO best Chex Quest site on the internet.

Being that this is the first forum community I have joined, it is very possible that I will make some newbie mistakes like creating topics in the wrong category or a few random posts.  If this is the case and I pull off some of those noob mistakes, let me know and I will do my best to to learn from this and solve the problem...  I may also have some questions on the way forums work such as whether or not it is OK to post on already bumped topics.

thank you for your patience in reading this post. it is an honor to be here.

-Datra-

Chex Quester 4 life!!!
"That is regrettable, but not unexpected"-Obisek

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Greetings CQFF
« on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »

Offline Dvader0086

• It's not stupid! It's advanced!
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yep. The real me
Re: Greetings CQFF
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:02:16 AM »
hello and welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:04:47 AM »
Hello, hello, HELLO! How's it going? 8)

Beware of TMOB. He approachs with one of his cookie cutter posts.

By the way, you don't have to mod if you don't want to. We want you all the same, 3D modeller or not. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:07:21 AM by The Slimeinator »
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Offline Datra

• Maximus
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:07:26 AM »
lol thanks for the tip.

Chex Quester 4 life!!!

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 01:25:10 AM »
Hello and Wellcome Datra to CQFF! ^^
Hope that you enjoy your stay here. ;D

Boo Tucows, Yay to Boingo!  :D

Offline TheMasterOfBattle

• The Forgotten Warrior
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • I still got it.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »
Beware of TMOB. He approachs with one of his cookie cutter posts.
:P

Hello and welcome to the forums!  Watch out for the Purple Lamposts in the West Wing, they want your soul and can only be stopped by ginger ale which you should have on your person at all times.  Beware feeding Loremaster after midnight!  It is not a pretty sight.

Enjoy your stay!

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the sun drenched paradice of island Delfino.... errr Chex Quest Fan Forum!

Well how do I begin. I am Replica, (you probably know that because you lurked but...)

As of now, Manny will copy and paste his important stuff, so just wait untill he does that. :P
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »
Welcome to the Chex Quest Fan Forums, Datra! I'm Manny Cav, one of your fellow Chex Quest fans! If you haven't already, please read the board rules, as those will answer 99% of the rules related question you will want to ask, such as when you can and can't bump and double-post. I assume you've been tracking the fan projects and Chex Quest 3 at this point, yes? :)

Don't worry about contributing. You don't have to contribute any Chex Quest related material to be a valuable member here. Some of the members here don't even play Chex Quest anymore! :D Also don't worry about the argument. Friends sometimes argue over petty things, but they make up eventually. 8)

As a note: When did you first stumble upon the old Chex Quest Fan Forums website at InvisionFree? I like to hear the stories of members such as yourself. I personally stated lurking a few year ago, mabey in 2003, 04, 05, or sometime like that. I didn't join until May 12, 2007, which makes me a long-time lurker such as yourself. I'm interested in knowing how long you lurked. :)
As of now, Manny will copy and paste his important stuff, so just wait untill he does that. :P
As I've mentioned before, I never copy my own introductions. :P They're all freshly typed and individualized to interact most efficiently with the new member.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Datra

• Maximus
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »
thanks for the tips Manny. um... <thinks for a little while> I think I was liked to the old boards through xbolt's Newmaps site and I found that around the middle of January, probably the 5th. it took me a few days to see the links page as the Newmaps mod was really the only thing that I was there for, but I'm sure it was there where I was linked to here. I think it was the 10th by that time... I'm not sure exactly but I came just in time for Chukker to release the Super Cycloptis which for me was truly the most exiting thing since I found TUCQ. and then the boards went down. when I was linked to CQ.org not much was going on so there wasn't much motivation to join. but then the site grew from that one/only post in general discussion on "what is your favorite zorcher" to over 100 members, over 1000 topics and over 10,000 posts on those 1000 topics. looking at it from the sidelines it was very impressive. and the rest as they say is history. started lurking from around the 12-15th of january to the 22 of October when I finally joined goes to... <adds up> about 10 months, not as long as you have been lurking manny but still a very long time.

Chex Quester 4 life!!!

Offline Josh

• Flembrane
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »
welcome!

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 04:38:33 PM »
Welcome to the Chex Quest Fan Forums, Datra! I'm Manny Cav, one of your fellow Chex Quest fans! If you haven't already, please read the board rules, as those will answer 99% of the rules related question you will want to ask, such as when you can and can't bump and double-post. I assume you've been tracking the fan projects and Chex Quest 3 at this point, yes? :)

Don't worry about contributing. You don't have to contribute any Chex Quest related material to be a valuable member here. Some of the members here don't even play Chex Quest anymore! :D Also don't worry about the argument. Friends sometimes argue over petty things, but they make up eventually. 8)

As a note: When did you first stumble upon the old Chex Quest Fan Forums website at InvisionFree? I like to hear the stories of members such as yourself. I personally stated lurking a few year ago, mabey in 2003, 04, 05, or sometime like that. I didn't join until May 12, 2007, which makes me a long-time lurker such as yourself. I'm interested in knowing how long you lurked. :)
As I've mentioned before, I never copy my own introductions. :P They're all freshly typed and individualized to interact most efficiently with the new member.
Sure Manny, sure... :P

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
Hey there, Datra! It's always awesome to have some old-school Chex Quest fans around. No worries about making any noob mistakes, we won't fault you early on... it happens. I'd definitely take a look at the board rules Manny linked for starts. They help a ton. Don't worry if you don't end up contributing! I for one am a completely non-contributing member.  :D

Anyways, we're glad to have you.

Offline furubagirl

• Bipedicus
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
Hey! welcome to our wonderful world, CQFF. hope you have a great time here ;)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
Hey there, Datra! I'm glad ya joined, even if you have not much to contribute...lol, I havent contributed much either...but i'm here nonetheless...

Welcome to the best (if not only) Chex Quest site on the net!

(Oh, and the HL mod...I'm leaning toward the Quake 2 engine, so if I can get something going map wise (needs textures), I could use some models.)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
Got to the links, and you'll find alot of Chex Quest web sites.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting