1 (11.1%)
I don't have antivirus software.
0 (0%)
Avast.
2 (22.2%)
McAfee.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: What antivirus software do you use?  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: What antivirus software do you use?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »
If Virtumonde is more like spyware, then how did AVG free churn up multiple Virtumonde-related DLLs, temp files, etc., on the Vista computer that got attacked? Norton never found a blasted thing, and Spybot would have never been useful until AVG cleaned up a bulk of the infection.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
Re: What antivirus software do you use?
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 03:30:07 AM »
I would hope AVG Free would find Virtumonde... otherwise I would deem it a completely useless program. AVG isn't the best, but it is certainly better than Norton and McAfee.

In the past, I have had a horrible time of it with AVG. Pretty much along the lines of Richie's experience- it would find things, but wouldn't be able to get rid of any of it. Also, it proved to be pretty unstable and unreliable on my computers. We run AVG Pro at work, and although it seems to be able to remove more things, the client side program is clunky, intrusive, and unstable and the server side program is ridiculously un-progressive in function and design.

I looove Avast! after all my AVG experiences. Despite being freeware it updates alongside their non-free versions several times a day (unlike AVG). It has all these spiffy customizable real-time protection shields, it's skinnable, and it is compatible with all the archiving software, P2P, and IM programs I use. I use the boot-time scan all the time (advanced for a freebie).

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting