Author Topic: I Like Ike  (Read 1531 times)

Online xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 78
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
I Like Ike
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:34:09 AM »
Okay, since this Forum Cold War is heating up, I figured it might be a good idea to make a quick post about... Well, stuff.

You all know who you are, and whose side you're on. We have the side running all these 'boring, pointless, overly inflated games' and the side that hates them. I could make jokes about one side being Champions of Freedom and Liberty and the other being the Evil Communist Oppressors, but I won't. (Except I just did. Oh well.)

Okay, so we have the Evil Game. The game where anything goes, and randomness abounds. I, as you probably know, like thinking logically. But I also like to sometimes let loose, and just yammer on about whatever. That's me. Others, as is rabidly apparent, utterly loathe and despise the game. If the Evil Game was a painting, it would be one of those modern 'splatter paintings'.

It's not really a coherent picture of anything, but a lot of people like it. (Then there are those weirdos who try to apply deep philosophical meaning to it, but that's kinda irrelevant.)

Another is the Man from Philadelphia. I like the Man from Philadelphia. It's formulaic, and predictable. It's kinda like... I dunno... Black Square.

Not really as good an example as the splatter painting, but whatever.

On this one, I personally believe that the constant actions of the anti crowd contributes to its longevity. It's like part of human nature, to get pleasure from doing what you know bothers people. Little kids are the perfect example for anything you could want to say about human nature. If you have younger siblings, then you are no doubt aware of this phenomenon. If the kid gets even a hint that what he's doing is annoying you to death, he'll do it even more, with a stupid smug grin on his face. Okay? Okay.

So, what's the point of all this paint? Nothing, really. I just felt like writing something that has the appearance of a exhaustively researched paper on a topic that's in everyone's minds.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: I Like Ike
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:09:35 PM »
  • I somehow doubt the silence anti-spam crowd would stop the spamming or the posting in the topics here.
  • The EVIL game contains a lot of single character/smiley post, and other junk that's spammy. It's not just "yammering on whatever."
  • There's a non-alcoholic version of the Philadelphia topic here. It's not repetitive, it's fun, and it's at least ten times as good and fun as the other topic you contrived. If you haven't tried it already (and I can tell you haven't), I would suggest you go there to see how the Philadelphia topic was meant to be and should have been.

Anyway, we all know what happened here when an argument about... arguments was started, and since this topic isn't a game and is in much the same vein as that, I think I need to lock this up. I personally thought that everyone here was just goofing off. I was never really serious, and I assumed in good fun than the other crowd wasn't really serious, either, and that we were all just having a good time all these past weeks and having a good, friendly rivalry-thing going in jest. However, it's more and more seeming like some here are actually serious about this stuff. This pains me more than I let on. The way things have went really does make me somewhat sad about the way things have went. Good friends, thinking they're still good friends, finding out that the pety arguments between them are being taken very serious, like life and death. We have been presented an opportunity to start fresh, forget the past, and move on in a new direction of understanding. Mabey we can learn something from this.

If correspondence to anyone is desired, there is a nice PM system. I suggest anyone here wishing to correspond with anyone here use it to talk to them directly.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting