Author Topic: Loremaster  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
Loremaster
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »
I suppose I should tell you all something about myself. Here goes...

I am Loremaster. I'm male, nearly 20. I'm from the mountains of California, which makes me quite different from most other Californians. I was one of the first members on the old board, and I have played Chex Quest since I first got it in a box of cereal in 1996. Made a wad [which is still a work-in-progress].

I'm a writer, having written everything from short one-page fanfictions to entire novels of original fiction.

I'm a musician, a trombonist of fair skill. I've been to state honour bands and such. It was fun.

I'm a cartoonist, having drawn a webcomic [on hiatus currently] and several limited-run strips for school newspapers and such.

I'm an engineer, studying the principles of robot design and construction. I also study other types of engineering, and am becoming interested in plastics engineering.

I'm a wargamer, having played Warhammer 40,000 for 10 years now. I started that game in the 2nd edition, and this year is the eve of the release of the 5th. I also play Battletech, MechWarrior Age of Destruction, Starfleet Battles, Axis and Allies, and various other games in that vein.

I'm an inventor, and am currently working on ideas for home-based methane refineries, styrofoam recycling devices, stirling engine generators, and other such devices.

I'm a (mad)scientist, always curious about the universe and how it works. I usually use this knowledge for good, but occasionally I do something irresponsible with it. It usually doesn't end up well.

I'm a philosopher. I enjoy pondering the why of existence. I'll never find an answer, but maybe I can at least find some reason for the insane happenings of life. I hope to come to understand why people hurt others when they really only want to love them.

I'm a people-watcher. I do not understand or relate to my fellow man very often, and so I observe them from afar in order to learn more.

I am a music lover. I listen to almost anything musical, with little exception. I sometimes call myself a Metalhead, but the truth of the matter is that I enjoy ALL music, and my harddrive is stuffed with samples from every genre, my CD collection spans centuries worth of music, and my record collection is one of the largest in my county.

I'm very different from almost everyone I've ever met, and have been told that I broke the mold on the first casting quite often.

This next part is probably going to shock some of you, so if you don't want to learn any more about me, don't read any further.

I suppose an "About Me" would be incomplete as such without brief mention of religion.

I'm Christian, but I follow my own path. I suppose I'm also an Animist of sorts, as I believe machines are alive [the bloody things talk to me enough as it is, how could I not?], but I don't worship them.

I'm a romantic at heart, and I'll often skip an action read for a good piece of romantic WAFF [Warm And Fuzzy Feeling] fiction. It'll never happen to me, but at least I can live vicariously through those stories. Truth be told, I'd rather be happily married than own a Mustang [and I LOVE Mustangs]

END OF DISCOMFORT

Well, that covers it. There's a few more bitz, but I've hit enough uncomfortable truths for now. Maybe I'll add more, once I know how people will take it, or if it becomes relevant.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Loremaster
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline ☼Foley☼ teh AWESOME!

• ☼Official Judge of all things AWESOME☼
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Black Masks and Gasoline...
Re: Loremaster
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »
*points to lawful neutral*
EDIT: Did you realize that that image contained the "s-bomb?" See <snip> for the original image. -Manny Cav

*edit* manny, you forgot to add click at your own risk- heck, look around at your own risk

*Link edited out by Richie
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:07:59 PM by Richie »

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:40:39 PM »
Is that "SH*T" in that image appropiate?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »
Try Chaotic Good.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 01:39:16 AM »
Well...I didn't get offended by it. The whole thing was kinda funny, actually. I'm trying to remember...Who here isn't over 13?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »
I edited out the URL to that image.  Personally, I wasn't offended by it.  I'm just trying to protect the youngsters here.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:38:04 PM »
Man...foley! PM me a copy of that. I wanted to show that to someone...

and since this is loremasters thread, sorry for taking up your space *bows himself out*

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
The only reason I even kept the URL in the first place was for Loremaster or an other admin to review the image for him/herself.

Now, let's get this back on topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »
Well, you are a mad scientist, are you Lore? Well, post a project.

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 01:15:33 AM »
I'm actually juggling a few. Sumobots and the complementary competition that goes along with it are one of my big ones right now, as my engineering club is sponsoring it.

I've been dragged into the motion control team of my school's Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition team. I'm working on writing code the will tell the computer how to move the robot's servos [Read: I'm interfacing electronics and computer control with mechanics, the very essence of mechatronics] and execute actions decided upon by the main AI routine [I'm the only guy there who will be there after this semester who knows how to use Galil motion controllers and write programs for them].

I just meant to show up and help order parts and maybe do a bit of welding/brazing, but next thing I knew it was 4 hours later and I was up at the whiteboard with three other guys writing psuedocode and typing up a basic command flow for the program. If that doesn't make me a Mad Scientist, I don't know what will.

A few other projects that are on the backburner include, but are by no means limited to:
Building a working, multi-cylinder Stirling engine
building a methane refinery system
building a lemonene-based Styrofoam recycling device
modifying a car to run on methane
and doing some plastic model injection moulding.

I am a bit of a Renaissance man, eh?

I regret nothing!

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:21:14 AM »
O-O NO KIDDING! The thing about going in to help with parts then helping make the programs...that happened to me some. I went to a robotics (Lego, though, it was in middle school) meet, and I just went to help with putting the bots together. Instead, I created the base robot and main program for all the competitions we entered! But then, evil controling dude named Daniel told me to stop programing, then he took credit for it all, from bot design to program to even the stuff our teacher set up...

Offline Lucius

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Member since July 2005
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:58 AM »
Wow man that's some pretty cool stuff there. My science teacher is into robotics and stuff like that but he said his career went down more of the teaching path rather than an engineer. He still teaches some classes like that though.

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
My younger brother (Ang13, he pops in here once in a while) is interested in Robotics and Engineering and stuff, so I bet you to would do well together. (as Friends, not anything else!   :o )

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting