THE SCIENCE OF CHEX QUEST!

Started by Zorchdude, February 01, 2008, 06:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

You will be assimilated... :D

Anyway, let us see...

The Slimeproof suit gives the Chex Warrior anti-gravity boots that allow him to float one-two inches above the slime while he is walking. This allows the Flemoids to slime him. However, (this refers to the "Leaky Radiation Suit" error described in the Doom Wiki) super charged slime has the power to jump and catch the Chex Warrior's foot.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

Quote from: The Slimeinator on February 07, 2008, 12:19:48 AM
You will be assimilated... :D

Anyway, let us see...

The Slimeproof suit gives the Chex Warrior anti-gravity boots that allow him to float one-two inches above the slime while he is walking. This allows the Flemoids to slime him. However, (this refers to the "Leaky Radiation Suit" error described in the Doom Wiki) super charged slime has the power to jump and catch the Chex Warrior's foot.
The floating idea is bogus, since in your own mod, Chexter can have a slime proof suit and go inside deep pools of slime and not get harmed unless a Flemoid shoots him with slime.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Loremaster

Y'know I always favoured using the slime proof suit as invincibility, rather than radiation suit. Before 3D sectors, I always figured he only took the boots from each pair, but with 3D sectors, that idea doesn't hold up as well.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Replica

Quote from: Lucius on February 06, 2008, 10:48:28 PM
I think this is basically what replica is asking:

What were the zorchers meant to do before the phase was recalibrated to the frequency of the teleporters?

Also, we should turn this into a FAQ, where a critic or questioner of these things in CQ is asking questions and the answers are provided!

I wasn't asking anything...  :-[ Any way, i think there like a Star trek phaser weapon.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Lucius

Quote from: Loremaster on February 07, 2008, 01:50:18 AM
Y'know I always favoured using the slime proof suit as invincibility, rather than radiation suit. Before 3D sectors, I always figured he only took the boots from each pair, but with 3D sectors, that idea doesn't hold up as well.

In legacy and gzdoom that problem doesn't exist.

Loremaster

My mind's not quite operating correctly at the moment. Remind me why that is please?
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Replica

It isn't. I think Lucius miss read what your saying. :-\

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Lucius

I thought you were talking about how the sector effect will hurt the player on a 3D floor even, if they aren't touching the ground. In legacy and gzdoom this is fixed.

Replica

What he meant was, that it would be better for the slime suit to be better as a god mode replacment, becuse the flemoids slime balls hurt you.

Lucius

Oh I see but what was he saying about 3d floors then?

Atariangamer

in some ports with 3dfloors, the action of the floor underneath would transfer to the whole sector, including the one above it, the 3d sector. so walking on the bridge over lava would still hurt you. but, newer ports fix this.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

What he means there is he thought Fred took only the boots, wich explians why flemoid slimeballs hut you. But now that theres 3d water. It wouldn't make sence for his boots to stay on ;)

Atariangamer

That makes sense...

Now how does it work? There was mine, saying that still slime could be dissapated by the suit, but slime flung at you by enemies could push through...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

gweepypig

Also, 2^(1/2) = chuck!!

(I could not type a root symbol)