Author Topic: The return of the video game topic!  (Read 419313 times)

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
Re: The return of the video game topic!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
I've been browsing through some of my favorite RPGs and dang, the Super Nintendo sure did see a great number of RPGs. I still maintain that one of the main reasons the Nintendo 64 lost to the Sony Playstation was that Squaresoft began developing games exclusively for Sony.

Secret of Mana, Star Ocean, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Shadowrun... I should be dong my homework, but I'm sitting here deciding which one of these I should play over again.   :D

Hay Hay, the Genesis had some good ones too. The Phantasy Star series [you can include Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System if you have the Power Base Converter], the Shining Force series, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, and the Lunar series.
True dat! My favorite version of Shadowrun was actually a Genesis release and I definitely can't forget the Phantasy Star series (I can't believe they shut down all the servers for the online releases). I've only ever dabbled in The Shining Force series, and Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but I did get a good amount of Lunar gameplay in (super neat).

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
I've been browsing through some of my favorite RPGs and dang, the Super Nintendo sure did see a great number of RPGs. I still maintain that one of the main reasons the Nintendo 64 lost to the Sony Playstation was that Squaresoft began developing games exclusively for Sony.

Secret of Mana, Star Ocean, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Shadowrun... I should be dong my homework, but I'm sitting here deciding which one of these I should play over again.   :D

Hay Hay, the Genesis had some good ones too. The Phantasy Star series [you can include Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System if you have the Power Base Converter], the Shining Force series, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, and the Lunar series.
True dat! My favorite version of Shadowrun was actually a Genesis release and I definitely can't forget the Phantasy Star series (I can't believe they shut down all the servers for the online releases). I've only ever dabbled in The Shining Force series, and Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but I did get a good amount of Lunar gameplay in (super neat).

Phantasy Star Universe is still going, and there is a free server for Phantasy Star Online.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 09:51:08 PM »
I noticed I havn't played DDR in almost a week.  Thinking about it is making the backs of my lower legs ache.  :p

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

Phantasy Star Universe is still going, and there is a free server for Phantasy Star Online.
I didn't really bother with Phantasy Star Universe too much, outside of creating a really rasta looking character and running around bumping into people. I heard the free servers had some interoperability problems, but I'll have to look back into it!

Offline Dvader0086

• It's not stupid! It's advanced!
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 05:26:55 PM »
phantsy star online for dreamcast? or pc?

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 12:30:44 AM »
I had it for the Dreamcast, but since I didn't have SEGANet, I just played the single player.  My oldest sister got pretty far in it.

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 07:10:22 AM »
I had it for the Dreamcast, but since I didn't have SEGANet, I just played the single player.  My oldest sister got pretty far in it.

I've got the rare-ish Gamecube Plus version. Never did online, but I loved single and split screen play.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 11:21:26 AM »
I've got the rare-ish Gamecube Plus version. Never did online, but I loved single and split screen play.
You have the gamecube version?!?!  That means that you can play with the warppipe project!  MMO mario kart FTW!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
SInce all of us like (no LOVE) a twelve year-old computer game from a cereal box,
I was wondering, does anyone here like the old text-adventure games like Colassel Cave,
or the equally-old, but even more classic Atari game, Adventure?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
I used to have Adventure in a Plug-N-Play collection of Atari games.

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »
I used to have Adventure in a Plug-N-Play collection of Atari games.
There's also a remade version of Adventure called "Indenture."  Some guy named Craig Pell wrote it back in '96.  It took the original game, and expanded it to over TWO HUNDRED ROOMS!!!
If you liked Adventure, you'll love Indenture.  To find it, Google INDENTURE "CRAIG PELL."
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
The return of the video game topic!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »
SInce all of us like (no LOVE) a twelve year-old computer game from a cereal box,
I was wondering, does anyone here like the old text-adventure games like Colassel Cave,
or the equally-old, but even more classic Atari game, Adventure?
Text adventure games win.  Though I'm stuck at the dam in Zork 1...

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
-o_0-  For a second BMD, I read your last sentence with "the" being "that" and I took out the word "in".

Offline Dvader0086

• It's not stupid! It's advanced!
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »
speaking of text adventures... Alot of them are on gametap, including: all the Zorks and a few others...

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »
There's also a ton of text-adventure games at ifarchive.org