Author Topic: The return of the video game topic!  (Read 419312 times)

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
Re: The return of the video game topic!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
The only text adventure game I ever got into (read: actually played for real) is Thy Dungeonman 2.  You can find it on homestarrunner.com

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »

Offline Dvader0086

• It's not stupid! It's advanced!
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »
well i would say text games are awsome, but they require a taste... Anyone here ever play any fighters? What your favorite? Mine would be Darkstalkers...

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »
lol text adventure, I played this one on this online gaming site about this janitor who is cleaning the bathrooms then gets abducted by aliens

it was actually pretty good; wish I could find it again

I've played a lot of SC2, but I've found that it doesn't really require that much skill after a while... I think SSBM is more technical in some ways.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Dvader0086

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »
I agree... But, Soul Caliber 1 is much more difficult... I had a hard time with it... I also hear SC 3 and 4 is better too...

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 02:59:35 PM »
Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom, and Guilty Gear are the top fighters I've played.

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 09:52:04 PM »
I've been browsing through some of my favorite RPGs and dang, the Super Nintendo sure did see a great number of RPGs. I still maintain that one of the main reasons the Nintendo 64 lost to the Sony Playstation was that Squaresoft began developing games exclusively for Sony.

Secret of Mana, Star Ocean, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Shadowrun... I should be dong my homework, but I'm sitting here deciding which one of these I should play over again.   :D

Hay Hay, the Genesis had some good ones too. The Phantasy Star series [you can include Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System if you have the Power Base Converter], the Shining Force series, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, and the Lunar series.
Shining Force is the one RPG that I found truly to be EPIC WIN.  I love that game.  It's just so fun, and the plot's great...

And I think Phantasy Star II isn't bad either, although the battle system is typical FF-style battle.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 11:45:24 PM »
I've been browsing through some of my favorite RPGs and dang, the Super Nintendo sure did see a great number of RPGs. I still maintain that one of the main reasons the Nintendo 64 lost to the Sony Playstation was that Squaresoft began developing games exclusively for Sony.

Secret of Mana, Star Ocean, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Shadowrun... I should be dong my homework, but I'm sitting here deciding which one of these I should play over again.   :D

Hay Hay, the Genesis had some good ones too. The Phantasy Star series [you can include Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System if you have the Power Base Converter], the Shining Force series, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, and the Lunar series.
Shining Force is the one RPG that I found truly to be EPIC WIN.  I love that game.  It's just so fun, and the plot's great...

And I think Phantasy Star II isn't bad either, although the battle system is typical FF-style battle.

In an RPG, the battle system should be either real time action a la Zelda or Phantasy Star Online, or Turn-Based a la Final Fantasy. The annoying bit they do with Tales RPGs drive me nuts. I'm playing Tales of Phantasia for GBA and the battle system is making me bonkers.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 03:12:28 PM »
I think Goldfish is going to kill you in your sleep, Loremaster. She LOVES the Tales series.

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
*Proceeds to take away any sharp object from Goldfish*

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »
I think Goldfish is going to kill you in your sleep, Loremaster. She LOVES the Tales series.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love everything else about the Tales series. Just the battle system drives me batty.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
Random question, but are there any Call of Duty fans here? I know... it's practically sacrilegious to bring up mid-conversation about the classics, but I ordered myself a new video card for my rig last night (Geforce 9800 GTX+ Superclocked, woot!) and it came with a free "gift" from Nvidia, Call of Duty World at War, which looks insanely neat because it is set during the end of WWII. I was a big fan of the Medal of Honor series when I was little, although I recently read that it was not a highly regarded series. Nonetheless, I had tons of fun with MOH and am hoping to get the same level of satisfaction from this chapter in the COD series. At the very least, it does look like lovely eye candy.

Offline Dvader0086

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 12:43:38 AM »
As U all know, I collect Imports and so far I have DOA 2 LE and Super Producers... I plan to have many more, like Sakura Wars 1, 2, 3, and 4 and Border Down...

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »
Random question, but are there any Call of Duty fans here? I know... it's practically sacrilegious to bring up mid-conversation about the classics, but I ordered myself a new video card for my rig last night (Geforce 9800 GTX+ Superclocked, woot!) and it came with a free "gift" from Nvidia, Call of Duty World at War, which looks insanely neat because it is set during the end of WWII. I was a big fan of the Medal of Honor series when I was little, although I recently read that it was not a highly regarded series. Nonetheless, I had tons of fun with MOH and am hoping to get the same level of satisfaction from this chapter in the COD series. At the very least, it does look like lovely eye candy.

bleh... call of duty

I'm really glad the couldn't find a better use for 32 bit graphics then 700 shades of grey  :P

I'd take wolfenstein 3d anyday over those things. They're just not fun to me. Maybe it's TOO realistic (war isn't fun in real life).
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 01:02:11 AM »

bleh... call of duty

I'm really glad the couldn't find a better use for 32 bit graphics then 700 shades of grey  :P

I'd take wolfenstein 3d anyday over those things. They're just not fun to me. Maybe it's TOO realistic (war isn't fun in real life).
I do enjoy how realistism always equates to shades of gray and brown in the gaming world... but that actually does make some sense considering the type of territory they're trying to render, but yeah, it gets old. At this point I'm just super excited to be able to run such a new game on max settings.  :D

Offline Dvader0086

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
    • Planet Annihilation!
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 01:03:51 AM »
true... war is not fun in real life... Video games are becoming increasing violent... I prefur old scool violence or no violence... I hate GTA series and any war shooters... cept older dos ones... Now back to dreamcast... Here's a link with dreamcast games that are valuable and rare...

Linky: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dreamcast/2008/08/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-sega-dreamcast-games.html

Also those who liked Shenmue and Seaman for dreamcast beware!

Shenmue 3 trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZ3Ksk2428" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZ3Ksk2428</a>

Seaman 2 Trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj0hRYM5yr8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj0hRYM5yr8</a>
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 05:16:48 AM by Dvader0086 »

My game I am working on!
Prepare to be schooled!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting