The Gmail account

Started by Anonymous (ChexGuy331), January 10, 2009, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

><

Its a slowdown mechanism. For real people, it isn't that hard to just remove spaces and a (nospam) tag. For computers and bots, however, it will actually try to send mail to that...w/o removing the spaces or tag. eventually, a good bot might figure it out, but else, its gotta be done by hand.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Richie

Is this account still active?

Probably not, even if gmail kept the account active (even though nobody was logging in) it probably wouldn't let anyone log in; IIRC Google forces you to change your password if it sees logins from different regions on the same account. I ran into that once while I was traveling and I forgot what I did to get around that.

EDIT: Also seeing the users in this thread really takes me back. Has it really been 9 years? Wow...
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Richie

Quote from: 75 on October 01, 2017, 09:58:12 AM
Probably not, even if gmail kept the account active (even though nobody was logging in) it probably wouldn't let anyone log in; IIRC Google forces you to change your password if it sees logins from different regions on the same account. I ran into that once while I was traveling and I forgot what I did to get around that.

EDIT: Also seeing the users in this thread really takes me back. Has it really been 9 years? Wow...

It is crazy how time flies, isn't it?

I will unpin this topic, in that case.