My short review of Chex Quest 3

Started by celebi23, January 14, 2009, 02:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebi23

Just finished it a few minutes ago.  Wow, just wow!  ;D  The music, the new artwork, the levels, the ending, EVERYTHING!!!  The level design in "E3M3: Villa Chex" was a bit challenging at first (I'm looking at you door switch  :P) but, it made me think on how to proceed in the two following levels.  That's an amazing part because not many games make you think out of the box like this.

It truly is a fitting end to the Chex Quest Saga (at least for now  :P)  It was well worth the 11 year wait for an "official" sequel to Chex Quest 2.   Thank you to everyone involved (Charles Jacobi, Andrew Benson, Stephen DiDuro, Mark Quinn, Scott Holman, Clayton Daylinm, Graf Zahl & Regis McNichols)  for making my inner child VERY happy  :D

Richie

ChexCommander

+2.  I second that (or would it be third?).
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

you would be 2nd, i'd be 3rd...

So shall i!

Thirded
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Flurb

I'd say it was worth the wait. I've played chex quest 1, 2, and the fake 3. I beat the first two but whenever I play the third it just isn't the same and I stop playing. Eben if this game is an end, I'm sure in the future someone will make a super chexquest. Maybe one day, it will be for big game systems like Nintendo, Playstation, or Xbox. I wonder how Wii chexquest would work?

Dvader0086

I sadly have never beaten CQ 2 without cheats and don't get me started on cq 3... I've only played up till the second level... I've sadly lost interest in it with all the bugs...

xbolt

Quote from: Dvader0086 on January 15, 2009, 04:31:05 AM
I sadly have never beaten CQ 2 without cheats and don't get me started on cq 3... I've only played up till the second level... I've sadly lost interest in it with all the bugs...

Really? Chuck has been going through and squishing bugs since the initial release, you know.

Atariangamer

Now the cheats thing is ok...I like the level design aspects over paying attention to ammo and health, really...

but the bugs thing I dont get. The most recent version has a good load of bug fixes over the original release, and the few that are in there now aren't really gameplay hindering...

Dvader0086

well i have not re downloaded it... so i don't know if there were bug fixes or not...

Quote from: Flurb on January 15, 2009, 03:05:23 AM
I'd say it was worth the wait. I've played chex quest 1, 2, and the fake 3. I beat the first two but whenever I play the third it just isn't the same and I stop playing. Eben if this game is an end, I'm sure in the future someone will make a super chexquest. Maybe one day, it will be for big game systems like Nintendo, Playstation, or Xbox. I wonder how Wii chexquest would work?

I think that would be cool, but ONLY if Chukker and the crew made that version. I mean EVERYTHING in it too (Shoots EA out of a cannon).
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

Wii Chex Quest could be very possible. There is a Wii Doom port, but it has a few major faults/limitations...

-SDL is one of the only video systems proven to run on wii that runs with a Doom port
-OpenGL may be out of the question, so some ATI hardware will hafta do...
-RAM is limited, you'd hafta be wary of the amount of data you load

there are others, but these come to mind first.

Dvader0086

yeah and who would want to make it?

Atariangamer

Those who can code don't want to, and those who want to cant code...

Its just fail. Those with the skills to do the awesome think they're above doing it, while those who barely scrape by just dream...and y'kno what? NOONE WINS...

On a different note, there used to be a Wii ZDooM topic, but it got taken down or something...