What do you think?

Started by Replica, March 14, 2009, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

Hey guys, I just wanted you guys to know that I'm still working on things. I posted this acouple of days ago in the chat, but I thought I'll show it to all of you guys.

Edit = Ok, this looks really bad in the Screen Shots, so I'm going to post the sprites themselves!

/edit.

And I was pwned here. XD

Please note that there's more detail into it then what CQ3.exe make it look, because of it's rendering. ... What? You don't beleave me? >:( GRRR...

See for yourselves! Omega Cycloptis.wad BTW, the name is still in thought, I just dubed it that for now. You'll need to play it on CQ3, and episode 1 to play the test map. He's in there, he's just up top of the rock formation, behind the tree in front of you. So, what do you think?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Hey, the sprites look like your best so far! Keep it up!  :)

It looks cool, but I haven't tried it out yet.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Super Searcher

The creator of "A Miner Catastrophe". http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?board=43.0

Hey guys look! Its a giant mushroom, maybe its friendly! :D

TheMasterOfBattle

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Replica

Thanks, I was really trying hard to imatate Chucker's style. :)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

:o :o :o

You've improved! *goes to try*
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

There is no doubt that this is your best flemoid yet!
I really like it! ^^

The Slimeinator

Done. The pods on the side need work, as well as the pain and death frames.

The slime in the center OWNS. The slime balls it fires need a slight touch up, but other than that...

You win!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

Easily your best work yet. The vents on both sides seem somewhat tacky, and the shading also seems a little iffy, like when it's turning, the side have just been squeezed instead of turned around, but I can't say much more.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

T... ttttt... Tacky! :o :'( XD. I'm not sure what you mean by tacky, but you're right, it does need work. I plan on staring at metals from chucker's work untill I learn how he does that. I'm not sure what you mean about the smashed look though, maybe if I change the angle of the vent, or gun thing?

I tried it, looks good!

It should be the Pain Elemental replacement!!!!! Have it launch two flem mines at a time out of those vents!!!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Replica

Well, since you brought it up, I thought of doing that. It's orginal design was supposed to do that. I chose two out of the five to be made as a pain elemental, but I desided that this one will be a "Super" Super cycloptis. The other is going to do that though. Plus the shooting two thing was done in doom 64. :)

Edit, I've tried to remake the metal. I think it's too bright though. :'(

Edit2 = Here, I edited the color in it to be darker, and I think I've got it. :)

Edit3 :( =

ChexCommander

I think what Manny means by tacky (or at least this is what I'm saying) when he talks about the vents is that it looks to me like you simply opened up MS Paint, got the sprite, and drew a cross and a circle on each side.  Then you darkened the green on one side of the cross slightly.  It needs more texturing. And it does look like you kinda just squeezed it at an angle to produce the side sprites.

Replica

O_o Really? I just darkened the sprite in that area, and added the black outline of the vent afterwards. O_o...

Anyway what do you think about the new pods now?

ChexCommander

I actually preferred the previous one...