What do you think?

Started by Replica, March 14, 2009, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

The shading is much better, but the vents still look like a last-minute-tack-on job, like they're not really parts of the actual armor.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: 75 on March 26, 2009, 05:54:17 PM
Quote from: TheMasterOfBattle on March 26, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
NICE!  8)

QFT!

I'd put the white spot in the center, though  ;)

Um, why? The light hits from the top left.

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 26, 2009, 07:19:34 PM
The shading is much better, but the vents still look like a last-minute-tack-on job, like they're not really parts of the actual armor.

I'm not sure how to fix the "Tack on job", probably because I cannot see it like you do. Any suggestions?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

I've figured out why it looks like that: you're just drawing black lines over the already existing shell, not a whole vent. You need to fill in those lines with something to make them look like real vents.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Strife

I don't think it would look as good if the white spot was in the center. It's really difficult to pull off the 3D effect while the light source is right in the middle, at least from my personal experience. ^^;

But WHOOOHOO! That looks so much better, Replica. ^_^ Great job!

Here's another tip: If you look at the official flemoid sprites, you'll notice how they have dark pixels around the edges. This allows them to blend into dark backgrounds more easily and also gives them a more cartoony feel. Perhaps you can take a look at, say, the pixels around the edge of the Super Cycloptis armor and try applying that to your flemmie.

Replica

Hey, thanks again Strife! :) It looks a lot better now. :)

It seems like the black line on the top right looks too dark, but looking at the Super Cycloptis' bottem, Chucker didn't blend as much as I thought he did.

Atariangamer

O_O; Thats really dark metal...so weird with that light flemoid...any way to balance it out?

But the style seems very nice! I actually like the new vents.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I actually wanted it to have a really dark metal look, but if you don't like it I could spend another hour or two fixing it.

Atariangamer

ehh, if the general opinion is up, let it go. I can fight it XD
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Huh? Where'd my post go? It disappeared into cyberspace. I said the same thing as Manny about the vents. ???

The vents look much better now, but I'd agree with Atarian and darken the flemoid a little.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

The Flemoid doesn't need to be darkened, as all of the official Flemoids are the same shade of green, more or less. It's the metal that might need to be focused on, if anything. Look at ye olde Flemoidus Ultimus to see what a dark Flemoid might look like.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I don't see what the problem is. Color is color, nothing should be lightened to fit another, say if I'm wearing black close, should I get a tan? Plus it puts the focus more on the flemoid, other then the pods, which is what I wanted too.

Manny Cav

I don't think it really matters, either, but I'm saying that if this is a problem at all, that the armor should be the first thing to be changed, not The Flemoid.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Whatever. It looks great, so let's see it in a mod.  :P
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

Here's a screen of the attack sprites.

@CC, I don't think it's quite ready to be in a mod yet.