What do you think?

Started by Replica, March 14, 2009, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

Very good. Very good indeed! ;D
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

ChexCommander

Mmmhmm, looks good.

You use PSP? Didn't you say you used Photoshop? Or both?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

I got Paint Shop Pro...nice program.

and actually, that looks really great!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

I have Paint shop pro 3 or something ancient like that....I since switched to GIMP and Photoshop...

Manny Cav

I think what Replica said is that he doesn't have Photoshop..

In any case, way cool, Replica! You did gaff one detail, though: the center eye. You know how Flemoids tend to look a bit more angry when they're slimming or attacking? That eye just looks the same all throughout the process. Look at the Cycloptis and the Super Cycloptis to see what I mean.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 29, 2009, 10:02:59 AM

In any case, way cool, Replica! You did gaff one detail, though: the center eye. You know how Flemoids tend to look a bit more angry when they're slimming or attacking? That eye just looks the same all throughout the process. Look at the Cycloptis and the Super Cycloptis to see what I mean.

Thanks, I see how I can fix the eye. :)

Quote from: ChexCommander on March 28, 2009, 06:33:50 PM
Mmmhmm, looks good.

You use PSP? Didn't you say you used Photoshop? Or both?

Well, I did use Photoshop 7, but the lack of a pallet made me change to PSP7. PSP is also easyer to use when going "Head on" to aply colors directly to the flemoid's forhead. ;D
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

In PhotoShop, I always use a picture of Doom's pallete and your friendly neighborhood Eyedropper Tool. ;D

Replica

Well, that works too. XD

Here, I've tried another "hit" sprite.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

Widen the Flemoid's eye, as if in surprise.

Replica

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 29, 2009, 10:02:59 AM
Quote from: Replica on March 29, 2009, 11:59:22 AM
Well, I did use Photoshop 7...

Owned.  :P

And yeah, I think Manny's right about the eye getting angry.  But anyways, good work on this flemoid. You've really improved on it!  :)

The Slimeinator

Oh, I see it now. You just need to add some subtle shading to it.

Replica

Manny Cav

One thing that's wasn't apparent in the pictures that you provided was the effect of the vents and the slime that comes from them shrinking while the "Omega Cycloptis" (by the way, I'm shocked that you didn't name it "Flemoidus Cycloptis Omegaus" :D) turns. It doesn't look all that great when that happens. Also, the little white line in the middle of the helmet dome looks rather sloppy. It jumps around while it's turning, and looks rather jagged in comparison to the white line with the regular Cycloptis.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Yeah, well, I'm a hypocrite. XD  Actually, I didn't think of a name, I just dubed it that untill I could think of one, but really, that's a good name you came up with. The spiral slime is fixable, I thought it would bring a differant feel to it. (Maybe have it seek? :o)

You mean the shiny dot rigt above the head, or the helmet it's self?