Original CQ Web Site

Started by damien, March 24, 2009, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damien

Several months ago, I typed out and formatted an HTML version of the original Chex Quest website printouts that were recovered around a year ago.  (A fan found the printouts in his attic or something like that, and scanned them.)

After typing and formatting it all, I then proceeded to make an "Enhanced Version" to correct the countless typos, grammatical errors, discrepancies, and Doom leftovers (e.g. calling flemoids monsters).

When I finished that, I proceeded to make an "Enhanced and Updated Version", which contained the enhancements and was also updated to include modern information, such as Chex Quest 3, The Ultimate Chex Quest, the fan community, and modern computers.

I haven't had the time to upload my Unmodified and Enhanced versions, but the so-far of the Enhanced and Updated Version is now accessible at http://dsr.nfshost.com/chexweb/original/index2.htm.  Check it out if you're interested, and tell me what you think.  I will upload the Restored Version and the Enhanced Version as soon as I can.

What I really need some help with, though, is the graphical aspect.  Almost all of the graphics are the original black-and-white images which I copied from the scanned printouts.  If anybody has some of the original full-color artwork not already on my version, that would be much appreciated.

Manny Cav

The buttons didn't take me anywhere, and also, I must note that it appears here that you botched a few web links (including the one to the reconstruction project), placing some "\s" when URLs should have "/s." This has created numerous broken links on your website.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Who in the word are a bunch of the charactors? BTW this is really good. :) also, this was never in color.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

The buttons are pointless. I don't go anywhere unless I try to Show Image on the nonexistent picture, which says that it's still being worked on.  If I eventually find the link to CQ Reality, being very hard to get to, I will realize that it's the only button that actually works.  Needs a LOT of fixes, so I'm not saying any more until I get an actual website.  But I like the idea, sounds great.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

This is an awesome idea. You just need to work on your code a bit moar.

The color thing, tho...cant you get programs to turn B/W photos into color? Mebe we could find one...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

Tried the link...it was broken. :(
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 24, 2009, 11:50:47 PM
This is an awesome idea. You just need to work on your code a bit moar.

The color thing, tho...cant you get programs to turn B/W photos into color? Mebe we could find one...
You'd need to define every single color in the photo and tell where it went, which would take a LONG time.  I doubt there's a program that automatically converts BW to color.  How would it know what colors go where? So you'd be better off tinting it manually, just like in the old days.

Strife

I vote we should digitally remaster all of the images. ^_^ There's nothing that a few hours in Photoshop can't do, eh?

Not to mention, it would give us plenty of characters and flemoids for a rotating banner at the top of the forum. (We were planning on doing that at some point, right?)

ChexCommander

I think that was under Richie's To-Do List.  Digital Remastering would be great!

Atariangamer

I'm for it! Who wants to buy a 'shop for me? XD jk

I got a cheaper, but still powerful paint shop. All I will ask is this:
Can someone clip out the pictures we need? instead of me redownloading the whole dang thing all over again?
(or at least re-upping the thing to mediafire or other friendly host?)

ChexCommander

What editor are you using?

Replica

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 25, 2009, 09:02:23 PM
I'm for it! Who wants to buy a 'shop for me? XD jk

I got a cheaper, but still powerful paint shop. All I will ask is this:
Can someone clip out the pictures we need? instead of me redownloading the whole dang thing all over again?
(or at least re-upping the thing to mediafire or other friendly host?)

Right click on the pictures, and hit :Save as: or copy. ;)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

ChexCommander

"Save Link Target As" or "Save Image As" in the right-click menu.

Atariangamer

>< NO, where am I "Save Image As" from? That website above doesn't work for me, I just get a page with broken buttons...