Pregame

Started by Atariangamer, April 06, 2009, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

You have no idea why you're sitting in on this meeting, but you had to go somewhere. No one is talking as of yet, just random conversations in the crowd. The door opens, and in walks the Commander herself. Great, now you'll never get out of here. Her talks usually take forever, and usually cover the "exciting" possibilities in the other planets surrounding the Miils-Gen star. However, you notice her pace is quicker, her face wrinkled in worry. Something was up, and the meeting suddenly got a whole lot more interesting. You lean forward to catch a glimpse of the projector screen, now calling up several data files. The first was of Bazoik, and she calmly explained about the erratic patterns of volcanic activity. Interest gone. The door opens one more time, and in walks one of the Gerban scientists holding a red rock. Heads turn to follow the man's long walk to the front, at which he places the rock on a table. The Commander introduces him, and he launches into some heavily accented lecture on the qualities of the rock. He says something you dont catch, but you hold in laughter as you thought he said "flemoid". He brings up a picture on the screen, and you catch a glimpse in the corner of your eye, then do an immediate double take. The creature barely looks intelligent, not a scheming enemy. You dont doubt you could punch straight through him. Everyone else, on the other hand, seems concerned. The scientist continues to explain that conventional weapons have no effect on them. Oh well, you think, there goes punching. The Commander says they need a single volunteer to fly to Bazoik and remove the flemoid threat. One of the more Southern representatives voices his concerns. "How do you expect us to send someone to stop these unstoppable 'flemoids' from another dimension?!" he angrily asks. The scientist then pulls out a common, everyday object to most Chexonians: A Zorcher. No one says a word. You look down at your belt, and see your own clipped there. He goes on to explain that at a certain frequency, it would have a negative effect on the flemoids and return them to their own dimension. You ponder this thought. The process may be crazy enough to work. As the Commander scans the crowd, everyone ducks under the table. All except you. The Commander's commanding gaze rests on you as she raises one eyebrow. "I am from Chex Squadron, and I volunteer." you say. Some sigh their relief, others shake their heads, one claps loudly. The Commander stops them all with a stare, and dismisses the meeting. You hand your Zorcher to the scientist, and go to pack. No less than 2 minutes later, the intercom announces your immediate departure. You drop your bags and dash past the lab, where one tosses a spoon and your Zorcher back to you. You clip both to your belt, and vault into your fighter. You tighten your grip as the afterburners kick in, and lock onto Bazoik. With 45 minutes to go, you lean back to take a small nap...

You awake just seconds after reentry. Flying smoothly through the thin atmosphere, you lock down your helmet and ready your Zorcher. The automated landing procedure finishes, and you slowly creep down the ramp. As you step on the hangar surface, a slight tremor stretches across the planet, and the cries of flemoids ring through the endless night. You crack your neck...this is gonna take awhile...

- - - - - - -
PREGAME
by Atariangamer
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Interesting perspective on an already known scene, but with more detail that a movie can't provide, and a neat perspective from Chexter's point of view. I only caught one error--a misplaced "its." Very nice!

I think this fan fiction section will do wonders for the creative mind.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Edited to a better arangement. And thanks for the compliments!

I love writing, so this should be fun. Hopefully others start too.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

This is spiffy Atari, Good job!  ;D

The Green Avenger

You planning a postgame story, or will we have to do that ourselves?  ;)
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

brain candy

This is super spiffy, Atarian! I'm glad you love to write because I'm totally going to require more entries from you.  :D

Richie

Awesome job, Atari!  Perfect way to kick off the new section.  :)

Kuwabara

Nice!  A cool look at the beginning of the game.  I am inspired.

matthias720

It looks good.  I liked having a different perspective on the introduction.  Please post more when you get the chance.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware