Hi-res, Lucius?

Started by Atariangamer, February 17, 2008, 01:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mob720

Whoa... THAT LOOKS FRAGGIN AWESOME!!! Although the keypad could look better.

I'll use those textures for my project...
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Lucius

Well the keypad originally looked different in the first retexture but boingo wanted me to change the keys from more 3d looking to a more cartoonish style.

mob720

Mmm, Ok. So what would happen if I upload it into Legacy?

Lucius

You mean in a wad file? It won't work because the doom color palette will discolor it. 

Replica

I've tried your step Lucius, How's that? Sorry, i chose a small patch to test it :-\

edit = I may not be very good. But i tried the Mini Zorcher
edit 2 = opps forgot the pic
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Lucius

After you smooth it out you should try adding some details. Your good so far but they don't look finished. Right now they just look a little fuzzy.

Replica

Did you try clicking on them? To see them at full view?
[img=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5523/pisga0xr2.th.png] Hows this? I think most of the fuzz is from image shack

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

mob720

The image is sorta blurry, and I second Lucius's notion. Try smoothing out the edges and add some more detail and some shadowing.

Atariangamer

Just sharpen the picture...other than that...did you stretch it out 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

4X, The problem is i dont know how to get rid of the fuzzyness :-[

Atariangamer

...Either manualy or there should be a sharpen button or brush

Lucius

Use the polygonal lasso in photoshop to select certain areas and sharpen, shadow, and add little details

Atariangamer

Actually, for a person who just started retexturing, thats not bad for a first try, replica!

Replica

Sorry for the crapy green and red lights. But i've made the thing using the sharpe tool :-\

Atariangamer