High-Res Scans Of CQ Sleeve And CD

Started by Richie, April 07, 2009, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

I got the download of these up on my website. It's all in one ZIP (thought that's mainly just for packaging, since the ZIP couldn't hardly do anything for the JPG images.

Quote from: TheMasterOfBattle on April 08, 2009, 11:40:15 AM
Maybe Strife if he had time.  I think Lucius may have completely forgotten about this site.
Not quite. He was last on on March 27, 2009, 05:37:03 PM. His last posting was around the time the xbolt's sick topic was up. Still....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Richie

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 07, 2009, 09:08:37 PM
Ay-yah, Richie, how on Earth did you upload such high-resolution scans? My scanner definitely can't do that.

We have a really nice scanner.  That's actually the mid-range resolution it can produce.  It can go so high, you need 20 GB of RAM to view the image.

ChexCommander

Quote from: TheMasterOfBattle on April 08, 2009, 11:40:15 AM
Maybe Strife if he had time.  I think Lucius may have completely forgotten about this site.

Well, he was pretty prominent a while back. He used to be in your Global Mod spot, remember? XD

Hm, I might be able to do a little touching up in Photoshop, but no guarantees.

Quote from: Richie on April 08, 2009, 05:06:24 PM
Ay-yah, Richie, how on Earth did you upload such high-resolution scans? My scanner definitely can't do that.

We have a really nice scanner.  That's actually the mid-range resolution it can produce.  It can go so high, you need 20 GB of RAM to view the image.

WHAT?!? That's ridiculous (yet so awesome)! I don't know of anybody I've ever heard of who has a computer that can even SUPPORT that much! How much did that scanner cost??
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Richie

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 08, 2009, 05:29:24 PM
WHAT?!? That's ridiculous (yet so awesome)! I don't know of anybody I've ever heard of who has a computer that can even SUPPORT that much! How much did that scanner cost??

Not sure.  It's my Dad's.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 08, 2009, 05:29:24 PM

OVAR 9000.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

TheMasterOfBattle

You need over 20 GB of RAM to view the max res files? O_O

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

matthias720

O_O
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Alice Jameson

O.o That is outrageous. What would possibly need to scan at such a high resolution? That's amazing...
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

Manny Cav

Were in Davy Jones' locker do you get 20 GB of ram unless you're Bill Gates or operate that particle-collider thingy!?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 09, 2009, 02:09:25 PM

Were in Davy Jones' locker do you get 20 GB of ram unless you're Bill Gates or operate that particle-collider thingy!?

*cracks knuckles*

First, you need a 64-bit operating system to read all of it. 32-bit only supports up to 4GB. Second, you'd need a hardcore motherboard that can handle all that. I found this one after a quick search. Third, you'd need lots of RAM sticks. That motherboard supports up to 6 sticks, so you'd need 5 4GB sticks. But we're cool, so we'll get all six sticks. ;D

Manny Cav

Or number three: have $3,000 to throw away on a gaming rig-up you'll rarely use to its full power. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 09, 2009, 02:43:53 PM
Or number three: have $3,000 to throw away on a gaming rig-up you'll rarely use to its full power. :P

That fact is minimized due to the bragging rights that arise due to the fact that you own one of the most powerful consumer computers on the planet. ;)

TheMasterOfBattle

Quote from: xbolt on April 09, 2009, 02:57:27 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on April 09, 2009, 02:43:53 PM

That fact is minimized due to the bragging rights that arise due to the fact that you own one of the most powerful consumer computers on the planet. ;)

Or the fact that it would be a good computer and handle new software in the future for years to come. :P

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on April 09, 2009, 02:40:14 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on April 09, 2009, 02:09:25 PM

*cracks knuckles*

First, you need a 64-bit operating system to read all of it. 32-bit only supports up to 4GB. Second, you'd need a hardcore motherboard that can handle all that. I found this one after a quick search. Third, you'd need lots of RAM sticks. That motherboard supports up to 6 sticks, so you'd need 5 4GB sticks. But we're cool, so we'll get all six sticks. ;D

Do they have 4 gig sticks yet? And sheesh, that would be SO expensive...and yet, even most gaming rigs don't have 20 gb of ram...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Alice Jameson

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 09, 2009, 05:35:09 PM
Do they have 4 gig sticks yet? And sheesh, that would be SO expensive...and yet, even most gaming rigs don't have 20 gb of ram...
Yes I believe they do have 4 GB RAM sticks...
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!